Post pics of your 4 stroke exhaust !!!

GoldenMotor.com

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
That is a nice pipe. The angle cut sure takes the edge off.

Too loud! For the neighbors that is. Making a new pipe with a performance muffler

Attachments

Jcs1989

Jul 31, 2016
Alabama
That sir is one wicked bike ...! an thanks man yea the angle cut has quite a loud pop. I'm thinking about adding a different pipe an going with the Briggs muffler. It's definitely turning to many heads with the straight pipe.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Briggs muffler is ok, just take the baffle out!! But seriously though only remove it if your neighbors actually complain. Your pipe looks really damn good and the Briggs muffler is super ugly! If anything I would make a custom muffler using the Briggs internals and a 2" chrome pipe that matches the rest of your pipe. I happen to have a performance kart muffler with carbon fiber on the outside and actually has packing inside, unlike the hollow Briggs muffler. Also, if you still wanna run just a straight pipe, you can just make your pipe longer. My pipe is super loud but then I just held another length of the same pipe on the end and the difference was incredible.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Looks Great! Been building 2 strokers since 2011. Am now collecting/acquiring components for a 4stroke. I would like to find an old 2hp Briggs. I will build a custom pipe when the time comes. I appreciate your pics guys.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Well here's my progress on a performance 212 pipe. I started making a new pipe with some curved pieces pictured left, but then when I took my current exhaust off I realized the pipe was too small. The 212 exhaust port is 1" wide and so it needs 1" ID pipe. The one I've been using and the new one on be left are 1" OD and about 7/8" ID. AND my performance muffler is 1" ID.

So I looked around and found a scrap road frame and cut the 1.03" ID downtube out, then made a bunch of angled sections and came up with the one on the right. It's rough on the outside, welded with hundreds of tacks to prevent inner boogers forming, and has been ground and sanded smooth down to 320 as I went with each piece. That curve on the right along with the flange took me a good day's work, but it's worth it. The flange is the stock crap muffler flange with a washer welded to it which makes it 3/8" thick, and was ground out to 1.125" to press fit the header pipe in, and then port matched to fit the d-shape of the predator exhaust port. Lot of work but will probably give me another 3-5mph (almost 60mph).

After adding the next angle and the long straight piece I'm thinking of leaving it there, then making the option for two exhausts: one being the performance muffler, and another with a long cone from a baseball bat, which sounds AWESOME!

Attachments

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2015
ca.
This over head Cam Honda has an 1 1/8 exhaust port! I had nothing with the tight bend I needed...soo, I went to the motorcycle salvage to get a bent 1 1/4 hanlebar got one for 5$. Cut the curve out I needed...only to find why the handlebar was so heavy, its a tube in a tube. Soo, had to cut the piece I needed in half, remove the inner tube and weld back together. Not bad. After a year with the HF 90 amp, I do ok. The muffler is a redone pocket bike thing. I wanted to keep it in line with the frame, but saddlebags in the way. Sounds good.

Attachments

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
1-1/8 that's pretty big for a 160cc. Thing must haul a$$!

HF 90a.. Wow... I'm using a 170a fluxcore.. Would prefer gas though..

My header is done, needs paint and wrap, and muffler mounting

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
That reminds me so of when I wanted to explore exhaust options and one of my forum members suggest this hehe...

I went with my own design, a SBP pipe with the silencer parts shoved into a custom pipe my local muffler made for me with an auto 'glass pack" muffler on the end.

Fun stuff, especially if it actually improves performance and it did ;-}