what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
agree, the GF fell in love with the paint on a coaster bike, so now it has three brakes

she never uses the coaster except for emergencies

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
agree, the GF fell in love with the paint on a coaster bike, so now it has three brakes

she never uses the coaster except for emergencies
Yup, I have a pretty good setup on my front brakes, As long as I don't brake too hard on water, sand, ect. That's all I need. But its nice to know I have a backup if needed.
fatdaddy.usflg

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
That engine mounting looks like it would be really useful for any situation where a secure mounting for a China Girl engine is needed. Does Bikeberry ship to other faraway countries like New Zealand?
All ya can do is email them and ask. if yer willing to pay shipping, why not. I never bought a mount for any of my OCC's, I used angle iron and steel pipe and made my own. Of course ya gotta be able to weld to do it that way.
fatdaddy.usflg

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
That engine mounting looks like it would be really useful for any situation where a secure mounting for a China Girl engine is needed. Does Bikeberry ship to other faraway countries like New Zealand?

If they won't, I will. ****, I even ship Funyons to Canada for a friend --- can't imagine not being able to buy Funyons at the local store!!

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Got my blast cabinet assembled and tested it out on one of the stingray fork legs... definitely the quickest way to get rid of rust and unwanted chrome... and it leaves just the right surface texture for paint to stick really well... I got the frame stripped down to bare metal and just have a few stubborn areas to go before its completely paintless, but paintless enough for me to inspect all the welds and add more metal where needed...
If I can get to the shop early enough in the morning I plan on de chroming the front sprocet and pedal cranks to get them ready for powder coating.
I'm also waiting for my billet mounts to get here so I can test fit the engine and decide what to do about a fuel tank, I got a few ideas about fabbing a custom tank but the standard peanut tank actually looks decent on this frame.. I would prefer a custom tank tho so that's what'll most likely happen...

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
All ya can do is email them and ask. if yer willing to pay shipping, why not. I never bought a mount for any of my OCC's, I used angle iron and steel pipe and made my own. Of course ya gotta be able to weld to do it that way.
fatdaddy.usflg
Well I've sent off an email to BikeBerry and I'll see what they have to say. I suppose if I shifted myself I could braze together a similar kind of mounting fatdaddy, but anyway we'll see how it goes.

Thanks xseler for your very kind offer, I will certainly keep that in mind should I end up being stuck for a part that's unobtainium here.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
My original saddle had been feel'n kinda 'squirmy' the last couple of weeks. Everything was tight, so I just went about my business. Well, on close inspection today, I found a small crack in the bar that tied the 2 springs together. Tossed that saddle in the trash and got a new, upgraded one. Feels much more 'solid'. Disaster averted.

My new front matching wheel and tire will be here next week. I believe that will leave the frame, front chainring, and pedals as the only original part of the bike. Glad this thing doesn't have a serial #................

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Got my new hub adapter and billet mounts for the Stingray today... still deciding whether to leave them bare aluminum or to powder coat the pieces... The parts look awesome and the machine work finish is superb so I'm kinda leaning toward leaving the stuff bare to show them off, but at the same time if I powder coat them they'd really look cool in a transparent black or a candy lime green... If I go with a transparent color the machine work will still show thru so that's most likely what I'll end up doing here... I will do a test piece before doing anything to the billet parts because this stuff is Very hard to get back off once baked on.

Got my blast cabinet fully functional and got all the surface rust and chrome off the fork legs and pedal cranks These parts will all get powder coated when the time comes as well, but I need to order some more powder in the colors I decided to do this one in... I did powder coat the top part of the tripletree and didn't like the way it came out so I decided to sandblast it bak to bare metal and I can now assure everyone just how tough the powder coat finish really is... I had an easier time blasting the chrome off the pedal cranks than trying to get this powder coat off... This is a good thing as far as durability goes, but not so fun trying to remove it when a part just simply needs to be redone. I'm still pretty new to the powder coating thing so some mistakes have been made, but for the most part I'm happy with the parts that's gone thru the process so far. I just decided after I already did the tripletree parts in black that they need to be candy lime green since the fork legs will be black.

Got the frame a little closer to bare metal... I stripped off the paint the other night and when I was about done I set the frame aside in the shop, went to do some wire wheel touch ups on the strip job today to find out that it has a layer of silver that the paint stripper left intact so I'll strip off that layer tomorrow after I close up shop, then I'll have the frame ready for welding. Since I now have the billet mounts I can mount one of my empty cases to the frame so I'll know which areas to avoid and which areas I don't have to worry about clearance issues etc...

Yup... progress on this build is a LOT slower than my first build, but I want this one to look awesome when done and I'm in no rush to get an engine on it and get it running, just work it as I can and when it's done it's done...

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I looked at my bikes and thought about future plans before leaving for work today, all I had time for....

I have several parts and pieces ordered, but I dont expect much of it to trickle in until next week or maybe even the next, most of it is on a slow boat from China.

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
LOL I've been doing the same thing lately looking at the bikes I have built and wondering what I'm going to do for the next one i have quite a few bikes and motor kits i have 14 different paints to choose from i want a white bike so i can do a Michigan State Spartans bike and a yellow or blue frame to do a Michigan Wolverines bike then there is the red wings lol just saying that looks DO sell bikes

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yup... in the same boat here... 2 bikes and zero time... and lots of parts waiting to be assembled...
I work whichever one I have time for when I do have time tho... but Im ready to weld my frame on the mountainbike to get it back on the road and need to find time just to get my argon bottle refilled just so I can do a few simple welds when I can find time to do the welds... gotta love it...

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Well I've sent off an email to BikeBerry and I'll see what they have to say. I suppose if I shifted myself I could braze together a similar kind of mounting fatdaddy, but anyway we'll see how it goes.

Thanks xseler for your very kind offer, I will certainly keep that in mind should I end up being stuck for a part that's unobtainium here.
This is BikeBerry's reply......

Support replied
May 1, 12:00am
Hello Anne,

Yes, we do ship parts out of the United States. The only thing we can not ship is a bicycle.
If you could please let us know what parts you are looking to get and provide us with the
address information we'd be more than happy to provide you with a quote. If you have any
other questions please let us know. Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,
Bikeberry.com Support Team

BikeBerry.com Support Team

800.317.0479 Toll Free
714.242.4540 Direct
714.255.1146 Fax
[email protected]

583 Explorer Street
Brea, CA 92821

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
LOL I've been doing the same thing lately looking at the bikes I have built and wondering what I'm going to do for the next one i have quite a few bikes and motor kits i have 14 different paints to choose from i want a white bike so i can do a Michigan State Spartans bike and a yellow or blue frame to do a Michigan Wolverines bike then there is the red wings lol just saying that looks DO sell bikes
So true about looks sell...
you can build a rock solid dependable and quick bike but spend no time making it look good and someone can slap on a cheap ebay kit that's hard to start, shakes like crazy with a too speed of 25mph but looks awesome with chrome and billet parts etc and that bike will sell quicker than the fast good running one... and at a much higher price...

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
i know what you mean i swap out the rag joint bolts for all 8 grade bolts nuts and washers paint it to match the bike Loctite on the nuts and bolts run it for a few days to work out the bugs and then even give them a bottle of 2 stroke oil in a squeeze bottle mark it for first gallon then for there after so I just don't get these ppl sure i charge more but quality costs besides i end up fixing the bikes after they buy the cheaper one LOL just don't get it

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
So true about looks sell...
you can build a rock solid dependable and quick bike but spend no time making it look good and someone can slap on a cheap ebay kit that's hard to start, shakes like crazy with a too speed of 25mph but looks awesome with chrome and billet parts etc and that bike will sell quicker than the fast good running one... and at a much higher price...
Yep, but personallyId mu h rather have and old Maveric Grabber with a 429 CJ shoe horned off in it than a new Camaro with a 4 or 6 banger in it...

Speed is what I need... all the Bling dont make me sing....!!!

All this said I honestly want to have a couple of really nice looking bikes tha5 run as good as they look, and I will eventually just a matter of time when I can find it and Ill have Taffy going and she'll look fairly good I think.