ThatsDax rt High Performance Carburetor

GoldenMotor.com

k.mah

Nov 22, 2012
oceanside,ca
I purchased this carb about 3 weeks ago and received it last week...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170959934888?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It seems to be the EXACT same brand as the "thats dax", marked with runtong on the side and all.
when i measured it, it was 14mm at the venturi area.
My only gripe is that the cable is very short.

Haven't replaced the Speed yet, but will do that this upcoming week.

Just thought i would throw the link out for those tighter on cash and that don't mind waiting on Chinese delivery

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Good thing you live in USA:
Shipping to: Worldwide
Excludes: Africa, Asia, Central America and Caribbean, Middle East, Oceania, Southeast Asia, South America, Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, Mexico, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, Vatican City State, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam

dimentio

Jan 5, 2013
philadelphia
I actually have one of those RT carbs. Only issue with it is that it won't fit properly onto my manifold... does anyone know what kind of manifold I can use that will fit into this thing? The RT carb has this plastic sleeve inside and if I have it on, it wont fit, if i take it off, it slips off the manifold.... I also need it to be an offset one....

FireEater

Apr 16, 2012
Alberta Canada
I have found thatsdax to be pretty comparable to ordering straight from China. He is definitely a bit more expensive, but if you pay close attention you also get more. For example, the carb you get cheaper direct from China but with Dax you also get the extra jets. You pay more for his motors than a Hungsheang {however it's spelled} motor, but Dax's are better and you do get a bit more horsepower out of them. Good luck getting support from China, Duanne is great about helping anyone of his customers.

No, I am not his brother, but in the past few weeks I have dealt a lot with him and regret not dealing with him sooner. He really is very knowledgeable, and what he has said, seems to be backed up with fact, unlike many many other motorized bicycle dealers and their websites. I really appreciate all the extra time he spent with me discussing my individual needs and concerns.

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
I just read all 23 pages of this thread and I seen several people that seemed to have a high idle problem and not able to figure out why one thing to check is the slide inside the carb if its not sitting all the way down when the cable is hooked then you might want to check and make sure your throttle is sticking open a little I had to take my throttle apart and trim the plastic where the cable hooked up to it so the throttle would move all the way open and closed. Ive never ran anything but the RT carb and the only thing Id like to see different is to have more jet sizes not just every 5 sizes. other then that I can not imagine a better carb or simpler carb.

UTmotorbiker

Oct 12, 2014
Utah
Hey all, think this thread might be dead, but I'll ask my question anyway. Will an NT throttle cable work with a RT carb? I'd like to save some bucks and not have to buy an additional cable if I don't have to.

Thanks!

UTmotorbiker

Oct 12, 2014
Utah
how much did you have to modify that derailleur cable to make it work for you? or were you just able to add it as is?

Thanks!

UTmotorbiker

Oct 12, 2014
Utah
Hey guys, got my RT carb cable today. Have had my RT carb for a while but was waiting until break-in period was over to install it. I do have a couple of questions:

1) My cable is waayyyy too long for my bike, like by about 2 feet... is that going to cause problems? (it was the shortest one offered when I ordered it)

2) My throttle is now really tight and somewhat difficult to turn (before it was really quite easy to turn) did I install it wrong or do I need to adjust something to make it easier to turn? Or, was it just a really crappy or stretched out cable?

3) I live at 4500ft above sea level and I have installed the smallest (.65) jet into my carb and it's lagging out big time, like it can't even crack 20mph when it was easily doing 25 mph before. Lots of four stroking... Do i need to put a bigger jet in it or a smaller one? I'm still not clear on that. (I had the clip on the NT card needle all the way to the back of the needle)

Thanks for the info guys! You rock!!

UTmotorbiker

Oct 12, 2014
Utah
I have the smallest one in there, how do I go smaller? Also, it's been right around 40 degrees outside running it with a new carb on it. Will the lower outside temps be an issue?

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
Lower temp air is more dense than warmer air, colder weather lets you run a bigger jet without going too rich, all else being equal.
I have been playing around with an RT carb and I made a couple discoveries that might help someone. Mine uses the same Dellorto 5mm jets SBP sells for the NT carbs.
I'm at 975 feet and a .64 or .65 jets are the best I've found so far.
For the first time I have finally jetted it too lean, using a .62 from SBP.
When I go back out I'll be putting in the .66. I think it might be just a hair rich.
UTmotorbiker, you may need about a .62. What jet was running good in your NT?
Try that one in your RT. It should fit and might be the right mix. They're the same, the NT and RT for jet threads.
Good luck, happy jet hunting.

Oh, here's a site where you can see the sizes of any numbered drill, in metric or standard. Pretty handy reference for guys that do the solder and drill technique for jetting.

http://www.custompartnet.com/quick-tool/drill-size-chart

Last edited:

UTmotorbiker

Oct 12, 2014
Utah
Thanks for the input guys, I tried trading out my jet that I had in the NT carb and it was much bigger than the one I had in the new RT. I had the .65 jet in there and there was no noticeable difference in the performance between the two. I think it might be a problem with the way that the throttle cable is set up or something in the carb that's not quite right.

I saw a video on youtube of a guy lubricating the cable? Is that something that needs to happen to ensure full travel of the throttle? It seems as though I am not able to get the throttle all the way open and I'm getting almost half speed on my bike from before.

Please help! Thanks!