modified cdi and cr 80 coil

GoldenMotor.com

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I have one, too. It does all jaguar says it does. I can ride faster with a lower level of vibration and it fires off my extremely high compression motor, no troubles. I did open the spark box up, very hi quality components and hi quality work, all the component ends were bent over and soldered to help insure that nothing could shake loose. While I was in there I silicone'd the openings and squirted a pillar of silicone under the board to isolate it from vibration.

When I gather parts for my second build this is on top of the list along with a SBP expansion chamber. It's that important.brnot

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Well, I just found this CDI info. for the first time here and will be getting one myself now after seeing the comments on it's performance...

extra power and less vibration is what we all want isn't?????

If this CDI mod delivers that, I want 2 of-em..! one for each of my bikes.

Peace

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
yea i never heard of this before this thread.

sounds like a good idea with a high compression head. since higher compression is harder to spark.

OMG! i just noticed it also has 4 different timing settings that can be chosen. also he shows the inside of the circuit box & it looks like great to personalise. rewire the circuits to put into a tiny mint tin.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Michael emailed me and said that if I want one or two of them to get them from him quick because very soon JNMotors was fix-in to sale them exclusively and the price would likely be close to double what it is right now from him.

This kinda sucks, I looked around on the JNMotors.com site and they are way overpricing almost everything they're saling in my opinion, I dont see very many people willing to pay around $80 for that cdi....that would be half what the entire engine kit cost from some venders.

Oh well I guess if we want one we better get it pretty quick while we still can.

Peace

Technomancer

Apr 15, 2011
Hoboken
I plan on ordering one of these for my Upcoming Jackshaft build.
Everything he did seems pretty sound. lots of happy users.

just one problem for me. i run the Super Rat engines, so ill have to lose my beautiful clean look for an external CDI/Coil :(

but the bigger intake tube sure it nice.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I plan on ordering one of these for my Upcoming Jackshaft build.
Everything he did seems pretty sound. lots of happy users.

just one problem for me. i run the Super Rat engines, so ill have to lose my beautiful clean look for an external CDI/Coil :(

but the bigger intake tube sure it nice.

I'm waiting for the day I can get a Super Rat jug and piston to put on my HT bottom end I'm rebuilding. Modifying a water-cooled moped head to fit, too.

It's to be my HT race motor. I'm thinking there will be actual divisions in racing here someday soon with a minimum of 5 classes, mostly leaning to HT motors. Stock, Stock Appearing and Modified in HT, Exotic's and Electrics(heaven forbid I forget electrics :p )

At this point in life I could support a bike on a Pro Mod tour with a sponsored Championship Point Fund by attending races. It would have to be Western , basically Rocky Mountain states to the coast but I've done hard-core USAC Midget racing. Not as intense as NASCAR or other top divisions but still has it's times when there are strings of races to go to, 3-5 nights in a week...

Anyway, there's a future in this :)

Last edited:

Mikey_November

May 18, 2011
Just ordered @ of them as well. I would never pay $80 for one
well the nice thing about it is that it includes the the cdi coil and racing plug wire for $75. if your looking for any kind of good preformance and better gas milage you need a stronger spark. proformance you need to be able to retard your spark timing at high rpm. there is the gy6 cdi but you have to hook it up to a 12v electrical system for it to work. not just off of a 12v how ever many amp hour battery.

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
That is quite nice I didn't kno that when i ordered it that it didnt come with the coil so I going to have to wait to use it untill I can afford to buy one. Guess thats what I get for not reading thru it goos enough even tho I had read there site like 5 times a couple of months before I ordered the cdi's.

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
i've got jag's cdi box. it's really what should be coming with the kits and not the crappy 'cdi' box that it comes with.

really i suspect the stock ignition of being just a coil only, nothing else with it.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I think this is gonna be my next upgrade, sounds like a good bolt-on. However the price is a little on the high side. Who cares ? If it does what it says then it'll be worth it to me

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
This will get anyone to the site to purchase that CDI set up if they are interested, I think this is a good price if the overall performance is improved as much as it claims it will be.3 w's DOT jnmotorsbikes.com/website/wolfpack.html

I will be ordering one of these real soon to see if I can see the claimed improvements...

All who have this on their bike please share your experiences here so we can all be better educated to what we can expect from this CDI & Coil set up.

Peace

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
This will get anyone to the site to purchase that CDI set up if they are interested, I think this is a good price if the overall performance is improved as much as it claims it will be.3 w's DOT jnmotorsbikes.com/website/wolfpack.html

I will be ordering one of these real soon to see if I can see the claimed improvements...

All who have this on their bike please share your experiences here so we can all be better educated to what we can expect from this CDI & Coil set up.

Peace
the only real improvement i noticed was that it will rev alot higher with this cdi. originally mine would just hit a point that it couldn't rev higher (probably due to pinging) but now it'll just keep revving and revving.

don't think it made a big horsepower improvement, but the stronger spark and ignition retarding probably help to keep things in check like it should be.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I ordered two of them... The first one I installed on my blue boardie; It worked good except for the fact that the soldered joints inside kept breaking from the vibrations of the bike at extreme high speeds. :(

I'm installing the other one on my white BMX bike to take to the Willow Springs race in June.
I've already beefed up the soldering inside & replaced the stock wires to prevent the problems I had with the first one... I'll post more about the second CDI box as I test the bike more.

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
So this is just for the Grubee engines? I'm not that savvy on which companies in China make which engines and who the distributors are. So, this would not work with say a PK-80 engine sold by Pirate Cycles or a little plain jane BGF engine? Is that right?
SB