a huffy build

GoldenMotor.com

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
The fenders might need to go. I've heard horrible tales of them breaking off and causing a crash. I believed it, but didn't heed the warning. Mine broke off and almost got me. Be careful.

Also, it needs a front brake!

Otherwise, it's cool!

doomedgame

Jan 26, 2017
ga
Thank you and guess its going to stick around for now.
have a 6cc head on the way and a base gasket to port it out more.
Still need to weld a brace on the frame for the scooter muffler its zip tied on

doomedgame

Jan 26, 2017
ga
The head showed up yesterday but the spark plug was way to short got a NGK Bp5es longer reach but still I little short
Anyway here is a pic raining so not going for a ride

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Probably a good thing it was raining..........you need to re-install your new head 1/4 turn. The fins need to be going the same way as the frame so air can more easily cool the head.

Best of luck in your upcoming adventures!

QuietRiot522

Aug 31, 2010
Rochester MN
I agree those fenders might Cause trouble. Specifically the flimsy mounts. I had that kind on my huffy Cranbrook, replaced then with 3/32 x 1/2 steel barstock from the hardware store. Solid as a rock. Still inspected them before every ride regardless. Sweet ride!

doomedgame

Jan 26, 2017
ga
Thank you. Fixed the head problem some more parts are due in today.
It climbs hills no problem now even with 260lb rider

doomedgame

Jan 26, 2017
ga
the gt80 kit showed up but the bolts to mount it to the jug were to long and the shorter one i picked up were to. the choke rod hits the frame so more work.
up to date pic

Reactions: Mark Murphy

ultralight01

Oct 30, 2016
Hood River, Oregon
Cheap fenders have caused someserious accidents, broken bones, and ER trips to members on this forum. Just saying. There's a plastic set you can buy on ebay that don't mount right ON the wheel like that, they mount higher.