Idealistic Handlebars?

GoldenMotor.com

...ladies

Jan 27, 2009
Ohio
I'm making some handlebars for my motorbike from scratch and want to know if there are any set good ideas. I have many ideas, but i want something different and but not too radical. Definitly something that isn't a stress on my back. A bar with a 5" rise seemed about right. Any ideas?

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
When I custom a motor cycle I set where I want to be and make it fit me. Have some one measure the distances for you as you put your hands where you want to ride then build the bars to those angles and measurments

...ladies

Jan 27, 2009
Ohio
Alright thats what somebody suggested on another site. Someone said to figure out where your hands were to be by using a clothes hanger

...ladies

Jan 27, 2009
Ohio
Well in the summer all i do is ride with my friend. I was so shocked when i found out there are forums with other people, seeing that i never actually see anybody else with one. Its a great deal of fun and i tend to be attracted to anything thats got a motor :D These handlebars will be...ballin' haha

vw_bug_lady_biker

Feb 9, 2009
VA
ape hangers if a road bike.

my husband is a firm believer in them & I have found them to be very comfortable if not overly tall. he sometimes on his harleys puts some "power" bars with his hands way above his shoulders, but most of the apes, our arms are around shoulder height or just below.
we have several bikes with apes & they are great but they wouldnt be good for off road but for relaxed hiway riding they are fine. he has a 21 inch ape hanger for a bicycle waiting for his project & I will try them myself but probably will want something shorter myself.

Rose

...ladies

Jan 27, 2009
Ohio
Ya i'm not so sure about ape hangers but definitely a rise from the straight bar. The picture of those bars posted earlier is what i'll be making except the handles will be tilted a bit mor downword