memphis Tn
What do you think?
10ton floor jack
2 jackstands
3/4 drive socket set
1/4,1/2,3/8 drive socket sets
pickle fork
hand sledge(5lb)
Assorted pliers,visegrips,small hammer, etc.
Spring compressor.
Big ass aluminum pipe wrench
ball joint press kit

Had a ball joint replacement for a buddy's town car today and I decided to see if I could tote all the crap needed on my bike.
It fit!

And for those of you who think I never pedal with the motor setup...I left the fuel valve on last night like an idiot and the motor was full of gas when I loaded up and took off. I didn't KNOW this when I took off.
Fuel was spraying out the exhaust pipe. I had to pedal better than three blocks holding the throttle open to clear out the flooded motor. That's three blocks carrying #150 lbs pedaling against the drag of a flooded motor.
I will admit I was pretty much done when it finally fired.
Steering was an adventure! But bumps were scary. The rack was flexing like a twizzler but held up fine. Not even bent.
That is all.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yup... that's loaded down pretty good... I've done that forgetting to close the fuel valve before... then I remembered to close it after Every ride after clearing the flooded engine...
I used to use my mountainbike at work on the flightline to get from place to place quicker and had to carry a tool bag with about 50 pounds of tools everywhere I went, but occasionally had to do like you did... Definitely not fun trying to pedal it and keep the whole thing balanced... I could just imagene trying to carry all that... Hope it was a short trip...

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
ABout four miles. The bad part is I've known to close the petcock for well over four decades.
I was a puffin and a blowin when she finally had mercy on my fat behind.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
That's still a pretty good distance when ya got a load like that it can feel like 40 miles instead of just 4...

I know I've forgot to shut mine off from time to time and then I open up the garage and smell it... then I know what's next... a lot of huffing and puffing trying to pedal out all the gas that went down into the case...

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Awesome load! You need one of these:
http://www.xtracycle.com/freeradical

I love mine, had it for 5 years now. I've hauled 80lbs of dog food like it was nothing. Most lopsided load was a 5 gallon keg of beer (full). Going to pick up 2, empty 3 gallon kegs today with it :)
Purdy neat gadget... I had to laugh watching that video though... those fellas are off in their own little world.....sounds like those guys have spent way to much time studying under some far way out in left field professors ..... but they did a great job with the video and Im sure there will be a small amount of people who will find their gadget very useful, it would go over much better in third world countries probably but for us here in the good ole USA the automobile and internal combustion engine will be what most all of us use for transportation for many many many years to come.

I do like their set up though, personally I like the idea of a trailer that will allow me to have cargo hauling ability when I want it but also allow me to just have my regular bike when I didn't need to haul things, thanks for sharing the link.

Map
.wee.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Human ingenuity can be a marvelous thing.
Ain't that the truth... I believe we truly inherit the ability for intelligent design from our creator who obviously is intelligent and has devised some awesome design, some of it however must indicate that he has a good sense of humor....LOL!

concerning the bikes I always enjoy the function over the flash, not saying flash is bad because that is nice also, but seeing people take something as simple as a inexpensive bicycle and making it into an extension of themselves and making it up to do whatever it is they need to have it do is what always gets my attention, that is why I enjoy this hobby so much and enjoy seeing what others do to their bikes so much, most all of them are awesome in their own way.

I always liked your bikes KCVale, because they are so clean, well done, the pics you have always shared shows just how much thought and effort you put into your bikes.

no doubt we have some great minds and some very good ability on this forum.

Map.shft.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I always liked your bikes KCVale, because they are so clean, well done, the pics you have always shared shows just how much thought and effort you put into your bikes.

no doubt we have some great minds and some very good ability on this forum.

Map.shft.
Thanks Map, I just do my thing the way I would want it if I was buying it, and then try to push the envelope a bit more.

I think ingenuity may have some genetic factors but I am not a 'higher power' kind of guy, I just take the time to learn things every way I can, and then see how I can improve them or at least practice the good procedure.