fuel/gas mix ratio questions

GoldenMotor.com

lenny9651

Apr 7, 2013
florida
i have a grubee 66cc and i have read and talked to some dealers about the correct mix ratio, the factory instructions say 4 oz. per gallon but the people i talked to say anywhere from 7 to 8 oz. per gallon. right now i'm using 8oz per gallon to be safe, this way i know that none of the internal parts are being damaged due to lack of oil.

i've also been told that more oil increases power, not sure if thats true but i'd like to know what fuel mix gets the optimum performance and still provides proper lubrication? also what problems can be caused by using too much oil i know that the plug will foul out quicker but what other issues will it cause?

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Lots of posts on this site concerning this topic.....

8oz of oil per gallon is way too much oil..... equals to a 16:1 ratio. 24:1 seems to be the more accepted ratio, or 5.33oz per gallon. Many use 32:1. I'm currently running 50:1 Echo synthetic oil in mine with absolutely no issues.

Higher amounts of oil actually decrease power because the oil takes the place of gasoline.

Good luck in your decision on how to proceed!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
You're using way too much oil. For break in use 24:1 for about 2 gallons. After that depending on what oil you use go to 32:1 - 50:1.

I run Red Line synthetic 50:1, which is 2.6 oz per gallon. I've never had an oil related failure.