mongoose beast! fat tire wal-mart bike

GoldenMotor.com

unknownbmxa88

Mar 15, 2013
montana
does anyone have one of these?

they are availible on walmart.com for $200 and have 26x 4.0 tires on them.

i know, this is trying to become a motorcycle a little two hard but can you imagine one with a 212cc HF predator on it? talk about fun!

they are all steel, if you can call walmart bikes that, and from what i read they are over kill.

havent even finished my current project and im already looking for a new one.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I have only seen 2 build pictures of this bike as a motorized bicycle foundation, but man! Really makes for a great looking build. I really wish I had the time to try my hand with one.

unknownbmxa88

Mar 15, 2013
montana
seriously..i dont care thats its 200$...thats only 100$ for me if i sell one of my bikes. and plus have you every looked at what fat bikes cost????? surly ones go for 1200$ so i think 200$ is not so bad....PLUS its a STEEL FRAME! you can cut it up and weld to it.....so many negative attitudes to this idea...

seroiusly...im going to learn how to weld just to cut one of these up.

imagine....full suspension 212 cc..
but Oh my...thats just a wanna be dirt bike...maybe but cant i dream..

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
By the time you cut that junk up and re-weld you could of built your own frame with real tubing. The rims will also need to be re-laced with better spokes.

If its a must...do a 66cc and see how it holds up...

surly ones go for 1200$...they surly are built better....

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
does anyone have one of these?

they are availible on walmart.com for $200 and have 26x 4.0 tires on them.

i know, this is trying to become a motorcycle a little two hard but can you imagine one with a 212cc HF predator on it? talk about fun!

they are all steel, if you can call walmart bikes that, and from what i read they are over kill.

havent even finished my current project and im already looking for a new one.
Ya got me thinking UKBMX, a saddle mounted FD. Be kinda perfect with all the contact. Like Dave's Junk yard build but FD. (I don't use conventual rollers)

Really is a cool looking bike.

Need 3 motorized bicycles. The one your riding, the one your building and the one your planing. (snork, I have about 12)((and 2 are all together))

dnut

Last edited:

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
I would love to get one of those and do a little tweeking on the frame and put a alcohol burning 5hp briggs on it with a torque converter. Of course it would be a fire breathing motorcycle and not a motorized bicycle. But it would be a head turner for sure.....

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Doesn't look like its gonna be easy to position an engine in without hacking---- looks bmx styled