newbie onyx 29 help

GoldenMotor.com

dareik

Mar 19, 2013
norcal
We are trying to get the sprocket on and in the process the whole bearing came out. Now it is all bent and wont go back in. Is there a way to get the coaster arm off without taking the bearing out going to get new bike now. Ur help appreciated

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Hold the brake arm tightly and remove the nuts from the axle. The coaster brake arm will slip off. It sounds to me like you should do some homework and learn how to re-assemble the brakes and bearings correctly before you spend more money...just google "sheldon brown" for all you need to know about bike repairs.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Use all the locking hardware, flat, lock and even locking nuts if you have them. And remember to check them after you ride for the first few weeks. Check EVERYTHING the first few weeks, these motors can shake bolts loose until eveything takes a set.

dareik

Mar 19, 2013
norcal
Hey Maniac I just wanted to thank you for your help. It is pretty much done just a few minor tweaks and the break in which I am working on. So much fun and turns alot of heads.

Thanks Again

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Welcome to the obsession! I mean hobby!
Keep a close eye on the fender mounts or you could get tossed off at speed.
Vibration can get you hurt if it leads to breakage...
I remove the fenders on all my sale bikes and will not re-install them unless the owner knows how to maintain the bike correctly. (I explain this to all my customers before the sale)
The looks are not worth the risk of injury if not maintained.