finally, a new project....

GoldenMotor.com

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
so, its been FOREVER since I've posted anything, so....
here she is, frame stretched aprox' 6 ' the motor will be getting the reverse jug treatment, lacing some moped hubs to 26'x 80mm. rims with the BOA 3G tires, in frame tank....etc.
oh, and a cool air filter I've made out of copper sheeting, and aluminum grate...

Attachments

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
oops, those were piston photos...oh well, these show how I removed material from the skirt, and some from top to take better advantage of the intake and exhaust ports...
these should be the copper air filter, which I then throw a bundle of "chore-boy" into to catch dust and debris...
the notch in the back makes it "squishable" for attaching with a hose clamp. and I'm using one of DAXs' carb's, I think they ROCK!

Attachments

Last edited:

Chrisflik

Apr 2, 2011
California
so, its been FOREVER since I've posted anything, so....
here she is, frame stretched aprox' 6 ' the motor will be getting the reverse jug treatment, lacing some moped hubs to 26'x 80mm. rims with the BOA 3G tires, in frame tank....etc.
oh, and a cool air filter I've made out of copper sheeting, and aluminum grate...
I was gonna do the same thing. But decided against it.
You got guts.. And those carbs RULE.

Attachments

Chrisflik

Apr 2, 2011
California
I was gonna do the same thing. But decided against it.
You got guts.. And those carbs RULE.
And..
I like that cover.Y our gonna have a fresh bike when it's done.
Hey what has been your best jet?? I'm was runnin' a 66 before it blew.
You have any other luck closer to sea level? I'm "about" sea level. Now I'm gonna run the Jag. CDI so I guess it'll change when I plug that in.

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
havent touched the jet, was smooth and happy right outta the box.
...which was good, cause I was never sent the "extra jets, size ?-?!?" that were advertised to come with it. and I had to make a custom throttle cable, even after ordering the SPECIAL one dax swears you NEED with it...but after that...BOOSH!

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
oh, and as far as the piston goes, I've heard doing just ONE of these mods can throw that lil thing SOOOO far outta balance it'll split the jug, however...I believe Ive taken fairly equal amounts of material from BOTH sides of the piston. top for exhaust, and skirt for intake...lets all bow our heads and cross our fingers in silence while I pray for the safety of my testicles....

Chrisflik

Apr 2, 2011
California
Custom clutch and throttle cables are mandatory!
Measure. Cut. Solder. And Vua LA. A nice trim look. You know what time it is.

Chrisflik

Apr 2, 2011
California
I forgot...
I'll bow my head in silence for your testicles...
Hey, that didn't sound right.. Oh' well. Just like in "Tropic Thunder". This is Hollywood everyone's _ay from time to time..
Good luck. I'll stay tuned.

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
Darn it!.... I'm having no luck trying to post photos frm my phone, has anyone else had success with this?
....I wanted to show y'all the cross-bar I welded in, the tank mock-up in place, n a few other fancy things, but, my phone just sticks a tongue out at me and laughs....
:(

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
Oh, and THANK YOU, GNU! ...its just a copper sheet I twisted around some 1-1/2'' tubing, them soldered together, them cit fancy grating to size n jb welded it in.
....OH, AND USE A PRODUCT CALLED " ETHANOL SHIELD" ...IT'LL SAVE YOU FROM THE WOES OF GAS EATING THROUGH, ...WELL, EVERYTHING.

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
I must apologize! I promised new pictures, and have not delivered...I just moved in to new house, and with free internet and cable at the tattoo shop,,, and I have been spending more time at the garage, but HAVE been taking a lot of photos so will have all sorts of goodies soon!
Until then, thanks for checking it out.

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
Umm, It's simply complicated!
Mix some ROOTKILL (copper sulphate) in some water, use inkjet paper in a lazer printer, heat transfer (iron-on), then hook it to an ac/dc converter/power supply, then drop in said acid, cook a couple minutes...
I learned it from those steampunk kids. Smart lil whuppers.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Tnx!

I could try that... i don't need fingerprints anyway! :)

I dunno abt ME playing with acid... I do OK with fire, and electricity, just never messed with that stuff much. Seein' how I always learn things the hard way, mebbe I betr think abt it for a while???

Yah, the steampunk kids seem to be having a lot of fun with designs...
rc

Attachments

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
actually, this stuff isnt all that caustic, and this method DOESNT produce the hydrogen gas bubbles common with the other forms of etching....
check; "thesteampunkworkshop.com"
and then the article on brass etching, copper and tin etching WILL however produce the explosive gas...