SBP shifter kit install begins tonight

GoldenMotor.com

TheDon

Sep 20, 2008
My Blue Bomber is getting a complete overhaul. I'm installing the shift kit, new carb, new muffler, new gas tank (don,t have yet), derailleur, grip shift, dual brake lever, new rear fender, and two sweet new mirrors. I just finished tearing down "the blue bomber" and I,m ready to start the rebuild. wish Me luck.(^)

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Just a recommendation, don't change too much at once. Start with known things and change one at at time. Unless everything goes perfect, and they rarely do, you will run into difficulties because 1 thing may not work right and you may think it is one of the new things you installed but it may turn out to be something else.

Just a tip on the shift kit, make sure you get the latest manual, we update it all the time to improve it, actually just made a few updates 2 days ago. If you have any questions just shoot me an email. [email protected]

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Best of luck! Can't wait to see pics.

Just a recommendation, don't change too much at once. Start with known things and change one at at time. Unless everything goes perfect, and they rarely do, you will run into difficulties because 1 thing may not work right and you may think it is one of the new things you installed but it may turn out to be something else.

Just a tip on the shift kit, make sure you get the latest manual, we update it all the time to improve it, actually just made a few updates 2 days ago. If you have any questions just shoot me an email. [email protected]
Is great advice.

Where were you my last refit Ghost!? rotfl
(Honestly, I wish some one told me to slow down. But came out cool. Just took 12 times as long to figure out what was wrong)

TheDon

Sep 20, 2008
Thanks for the advice I certainly don,t want to just slap this thing together. And I see what You mean about changing everything at once. It makes troubleshooting harder. What I decided to do is get the rear derailleur and grip shift installed and ride it as a bike until I get it adjusted just right and the cables stretch out. Right now it,s shifting like a dream. No hesitation or skipping. And it looks grate with the new mirrors on it. I,ve been taking pictures throughout the the process And will post them soon. My thanks to SBP. the shift kit looks grate, all the parts fit right up with My motor. I will certinly get in touch when it comes time to do the bottom bracket.