North Dakota questions

GoldenMotor.com

Scootershack

Jun 21, 2011
North Dakota
Hey, I'm from north Dakota (no I'm not an inbred hick) and a friend of mine who works on the city park board in Jamestown said he found this bike Many years ago and asked if I was interested. He said he found it about five years ago and nobody has since claimed it and since I was a farm kid he wanted to know if I wanted it. I of course said yes and we got it running and now I drive it and all of that fun stuff. My question is that I have no clue the brand of motor or the engine size. I know it has some Chinese on the carb but other then that nothing else. I want to get some parts for it online but I see that most vary on engine size. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Welcome to the forum! Not many of us MaBers from North Dakota! I lived in Grand Forks from 2001-2007 before I moved back to California. Motored my first bike there because Canada blows pretty hard. Eventually I'll make my way back up there. :D

Scootershack

Jun 21, 2011
North Dakota
I will do that as soon as I can. Right now my bike is tore apart (replacing gaskets and fuel line and such) I also thought of a couplenother things i forgot to mention, does anyone know of any stores/shops closer to me then California and I was wondering about the dual boost induction systems, how they work and if there worth my $$ (shipping yikes!!) thanks again.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Yeah, love it up there. The people are great! It's hard not to not be able to ride year-round tho lol

As for stores, you pretty much have to get everything online if you can't make it yourself. I never saw another MaB the whole time I lived up there, and there's no dedicated shops up there for them that I know of. It's up to you to represent and spread the word!

Many people here don't feel the boost bottles are worth it. I made my own for about $3 using parts from Lowe's. I saw a small increase in midrange power and bike was harder to start when cold. You'll get the most gains by using one along with a tuned expansion chamber exhaust. Again, nothing to get excited about, these motors are small and don't make a lot of power to begin with. Just enough to have some fun and save money on gas!

Scootershack

Jun 21, 2011
North Dakota
Well thanks for the info and I have been spreading the word. Many ppl have stopped and asked me about them already. And yes, these bikes do not work in 3 feet of snow, haha. I've often thought about how to produce some sort of hydraulic all wheel drive kit for them to mud with but can't figure anything out, it would be awesome!

Scootershack

Jun 21, 2011
North Dakota
I've gotta admit that's probably the sweetest thing I've ever seen put on a bike! If they weren't so expensive I'd probably get one now...maybe when I'm older I can? We'll see.