LCD monitor keeps shutting off

GoldenMotor.com

Rurporgespeno

Dec 4, 2009
USA
I have a 21inch dell ultrasharp lcd, for about a year and a half now. It just today started acting strange. It will suddenly get extra bright and then shut off. The light remains green meaning that it is on. If I try to turn it back on, the image will come and then turn off again a second later. Usually after a few times the monitor will stay on. I tried unplugging and replugging it. The only other thing I can think of is I just got a new HP printer.

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
Sounds like a power source for the screen is giving you trouble. Does it happen after it warms up? If so that could be your problem.
My $.02

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
There is a thing called a slow blow fuse that will actually blow then cool off and work again that is what I have seen go bad in tv sets...is this thing in warranty? Either way I don't think it is expensive to fix just take it to a small computer shop. BTW welcome to the motorized bike site do you ride?

Flattracker

Dec 4, 2009
TX
I've found out that gadgets for bicycles dont always work properly on motorized bikes. Too much vibration. Or the computer hasa hard time keeping up with the sensor. Those things were not made for powered bikes. I find myself shopping for moped parts to modify! Bicycle parts are not that durable.

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
it could be your Video Card...

try using the monitor on a different computer, and see if it still acts the same way.
Try checking your cables, could be some loose connection on one of the pins.

Also try getting an updated driver for LCD monitor.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Had this happen with my last monitor, would go into standby and take take upwards of 30 seconds to a minute to come back until one day it wouldn't come back at all. Replaced it with a new one and couldn't have been happier.