A newbie in SF Bay Area

GoldenMotor.com

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
Hey Foks,

I'm a newbie from the SF Bay Area, just completed my first MB build. I went for the vintage/boardtracker look with my build. Grubee Starfire motor, home built in frame tank, all on a '62 Schwinn Typhoon double straight bar frame.

Overall, bike came out pretty nice, has the old school look and rides great. Just about thru my first gallon of gas.

Rich

Last edited:

fuzzball

Sep 5, 2009
Eagle River, Wisc.
Very clean looking ride Rich. That brass gas cap caught my eye! Did you fab the fuel tank yourself? The tank on my retro 80's Schwinn is more tapered back by the seat, but I'd still like to do somthing like that. I can't even have them on the bike now with the kit tank on the top bar. Cool speedo too! I also like the old school look with a dial and a needle. Can only find the digital ones around here. Great job, Mike

Sharksfan

Nov 28, 2009
San Jose, CA.
Hey Rich,
Wow nice ride! I am also a newbie in the S.F. bay area. I am looking to find local riders to ride with / build with. Where in the area are you? I am here in north San Jose right at the tip of the bay. Drop a line some time. Sharksfan.

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
Hey Sharksfan,

I am in Pleasanton, my brother Pat aka sportscarpat is also a motorbiker, he is in Gilroy. I have a buddy in Hollister that is also building a bike and there are a few guys in San Jose. We'll have to do a ride sometime.

Rich

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Hi Guys, I'm local too. Just to give you gents a heads up. We have motorized Bicycle races at the HP Pavilion Employee parking lots in the summer. Maybe next year we can cruise up Calaveras Road around the lake all the way to Sunol. I've done this ride a bunch of times and its great because there's rarely any cars on the route. First parts are steep but after that its windy roads with a beautiful view. Good brakes are a must.

Sharksfan

Nov 28, 2009
San Jose, CA.
Thanks Easy Rider, I can't wait to see the racing this summer! Your ride up Calaveras sounds real nice as well. I liked the pictures of your recent mountain ride in Santa Cruz, that looked pretty hard core. Hit me up either here or my e-mail [email protected] Thanks for the heads up. Sharksfan.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
No problem Sharksfan, I think its great that more local guys are getting into MBs. I'm going to sneek out of work early on Friday and hope to get in a few hours of trail riding with Dean.
I'll definitely will be keeping everyone updated on the latest local upcoming events. When you're ready for more speed stop by Pipelyne and check out all the goodies Dean makes for the HT motors and Morinis.
Ken

z2400969

Sep 10, 2009
San Jose
I'm new to the forum and I have been fight with my MB for about a month now, but this afternoon I went to Pipelyne and met Dean. I spent some time soothing the breeze and walked out with one of their tuned pipes. All I can say is wow. Dean even showed me the full suspension with a morini they are working on. What a piece of art. He told me he could shave some off my head for more compression, but I already have a slant head. I'm going to take it to him anyways and see what he can do. You guys here are the best. usflg

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I'm new to the forum and I have been fight with my MB for about a month now, but this afternoon I went to Pipelyne and met Dean. I spent some time soothing the breeze and walked out with one of their tuned pipes. All I can say is wow. Dean even showed me the full suspension with a morini they are working on. What a piece of art. He told me he could shave some off my head for more compression, but I already have a slant head. I'm going to take it to him anyways and see what he can do. You guys here are the best. usflg
I saw you there. I was the guy behind the counter messing around on the computer today. The black bike in the back of the shop is mine and Dean's is the beaten orange war horse. That thing has been taken to the extremes and it runs amazing better than the first day it was built. Did you get a chance to ride the full suspension bike?

z2400969

Sep 10, 2009
San Jose
I thought I recognized you from the pictures of the Santa Cruz ride. But no I didn't get a chance to ride the full suspension bike. I've got the pipe on now, but I'm still having a problem with the carb. Dean almost has me talked into picking up the Walbro he has on his HT MB. I'm going to start a thread and see if I cant get this thing right. If not I'll take Dean's advice.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Itchy,
How's the ride coming along? Looks like a really nice build and the paint came out great. Anymore pictures?