Where does this fit leagally in Pa?

GoldenMotor.com

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
how big is the motor? I have been through pa's process an I dont believe it can be made legal with out lights an all sorts of changes .
Redheadsticky , its really not as bad as you may think to get a mb legal here, but sorry ya didnt like it here.
I am also very near pitt.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I just don't know what opportunity the tax collector might see,
but I think it is a beautiful piece of artwork!
Thanks for posting it!
rc

MTB Moto

Dec 4, 2009
USA
The engine is off a Velo Solex so that part is legal...

...but with no pedals I can't see it being allowed, the same engine mounted on a bicycle(Velo Solex) is legal

MTB Moto
brnot

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
the problem dosnt lye with the motor being legal the state will look at the "whole " an in pa with out a braking system that has at least one brake working if one fails , no headlamp with hi beam an low beam or turn sigs an brake, tail an running lights ,horn or fenders it will not pass the enhanced inspection an get state approval for a vin number an plate . , I had a link to the states requierments , which is not working now sorry but I did find it here using the search function , an I will look for it again .
Gary

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
its called a go-ped, and if it can be made legal it will fall under the same rules as a moped. in some states and even individual counties or cities, gopeds are illegal no matter what you do to them. its not just the size of the engine, its the type of vehicle its used on as well.