1950 Schwinn lowrider

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here's my next project... A 1950 Schwinn lowrider.
I don't know how I'm gonna change it around yet, but it's gonna be cool!(^)
I'll post more pics...

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Man them "apehangers" are out of sight, I bet your knuckles drag the ground when you walk other wise how would you reach them? Happy Trails and don't hang yourself Walter F

Dave S

Oct 26, 2008
west texas
Checked out your site very cool I used to live in marina del ray and I bought a phat cycle when I was there. Just put my frist motor in at the begining of the mounth and I used the phat. Hey do you sell those front disk brakes I would love one. And what is that on the down tube looks like a jocky shift, is that schwinn or something you put on ?

armdelgado

Oct 20, 2008
georgetown tx
Hi venice boy, in the first photo i see that your bike had a Pedal brake(Coaster Brake), how did you did to take off, and put the disk brakes?? i have a bike like yours that i planning to put a engine on it, but i dont yet know how to put the chain in the left side of the back wheel because the Coaster Brake is on the way... thanks.

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I actually changed the rear wheel to one with 5-speeds & a freewheel... this bike doesn't have any brake on the rear at the moment.

There is a thread on here about mounting the sprocket on coaster brakes... I'm just not slick enough to put the link right here for you...