Researched the site before intro !

GoldenMotor.com

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Hey all y'all !
I'm a native Floridian whom has lived in Gainesville most of my life ( off and on )....a die hard Gator !.....I bleed Orange and Blue !....I can't think of a better city to have a motorized bike than one like this .....a simple ride to the store.....the library....a GATOR game....what-not....
I became familiar with these "motorbikes" from a friend whom bought one from "RedB66" whom is a moderator for this forum and at the time I had NO idea that such a subculture even existed !After seeing the bike
my said friend bought that Red built and was immediately smitten ....I knew I had to have one.....and after researching this site and seeing all of the posts and pics of Red's bikes....I knew I had made the right choice.....I will be working with ( or actually just watching ) Red install a kit onto my " Schwinn Skyliner ".....and if you have paid attention to this site it is the EXACT SAME bike that " HardyBikes " posted a video of.....only his is called a " Schwinn Link "...( aint that messed up folks ? )in in any case I appreciate being here and look forward to many more posts and tribs !

Thanks!
Salty!

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Gator from a Florida transplant. Born/raised in Miami. Been a Colorado guy since 79. Yes, these bikes are unique and fun but they should carry a warning:
"Caution, very addictive" The best way of describing them is to say they're like potato chips... you know the rest.
Have fun, ride careful.
Tom

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Thanks to ALL whom welcomed me thus far....it's nice to feel wanted !.. LOL !...looking forward to showing off the build and discussing various road burns and colors !

Hoo!
Salty

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome.

Don't know if you have a new or old Skyliner, but it is a great bike. It was my first build, I put a new motor (centrifugal clutch/pull start) on it a few months back. Runs me up to the liquor stores quite nicely.

I checked out that video, "Link" is nothing like my "Skyliner" or even the new Skyliner I saw.

Last edited:

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Welcome.

Don't know if you have a new or old Skyliner, but it is a great bike. It was my first build, I put a new motor (centrifugal clutch/pull start) on it a few months back. Runs me up to the liquor stores quite nicely.

I checked out that video, "Link" is nothing like my "Skyliner" or even the new Skyliner I saw.
Lord,
Mine is the exact same bike except for the name the stuck on it.....Mine says "Skyliner"....they are the same exact bike so I guess I have the new Skyliner.....I will be having a slant head engine installed....they are supposed to have a little more clearence.....so pretty soon I'll be running up to the liquor store myself !