Hello all.

For quite a few months now I've been searching for an engine for
my Nirve Beach Cruiser. After doing quite a bit of research I would
have had to do quite a bit of modding to get the engine to work as
my cruiser was a bare-bones bike. No hand breaks, single gear..and
so on.

My wife was at a store on Main St. here in Huntington Beach, CA and
sitting outside Jax's bike shop she saw the beauty you see in the pics
below. I talked to the owner and I bought the entire ride for $420.
Everything is brand new, bike and engine. There's only 36 miles on the
bike as of right now.

I rode it for quite a few miles today and it is a serious blast. I'm keeping
it under 20mph until I burn through several tanks of gas.

My first order of business is a bigger, better, softer seat and a rack for
over the back. After that some orange flames on the tank, and to start
quelling some of the vibrations and rattles (any and all tips are welcome).

Happy motoring,
Ron

I'll get some pics up when I become an active member.

Last edited:

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
welcome aboard Ron now you have a running bike it will make you want to build another. I too put a rack on the back I included a pic. It is a Wald Basket set cost around $35 and worth every penny carries what ever i need including a tool bag with the essentials. Good luck with you bike and def post some pics when you can.

Attachments

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
Welcome to the forum, sounds like you got a great deal. Have fun riding. This place has the greatest people who are always willing to help if you run into any problems.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Great looking bike, but everyone here knows I'm partial to orange MBs.
Welcome to the club and enjoy that good looking machine. Any questions; just ask.
Tom

Ron-P

Jan 21, 2009
Surf City, CA
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm looking very forward to spending some time on it today. I've been so busy it's pretty much sat in the tool shed since I bought it.

I don't suppose anyone would know where I could find orange zip-ties?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm looking very forward to spending some time on it today. I've been so busy it's pretty much sat in the tool shed since I bought it.

I don't suppose anyone would know where I could find orange zip-ties?
Ron,
I've seen zip-ties in colors but can't at the moment recall where. Let me get another cup of coffee in me and I'll try to remember. If all else fails, black ties will contrast nicely with the orange...better than the virgin nylon color.
Tom

Ron-P

Jan 21, 2009
Surf City, CA
Thanks guys. I found some, Fry's Electronics had'em. I was in there picking up some split-loom and thought, what the heck, I'll take a look. Sure enough, and the orange color is a near perfect match to my bike...yeah!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks guys. I found some, Fry's Electronics had'em. I was in there picking up some split-loom and thought, what the heck, I'll take a look. Sure enough, and the orange color is a near perfect match to my bike...yeah!
Good find, Ron.
I was in Ace Hardware yesterday and they had packages of multi-colored tiewraps too. I didn't buy any cause I use black and have tons of them. I took another gander at your bike; I like it more everytime I look at it. It just has a good look to it. Clean, simple, a real eye catcher. If I could make one suggestion; you might want to install some kind of attachment for the chain tensioner. They are notorious for loosening and getting into the rear spokes. A lot of us drill a small hole through the tensioner bracket and chain stay and use a bolt or screw to keep the bracket from rotating on the frame. Some guys use a simple self tapping screw but I like the security of a 10-32 allen head bolt and nut. Use Loctite on everything and you'll be set for some happy cruising. I also like to fabricate a bracket for the muffler to frame. That's a lot of weight flopping around down there and can compromise the exhaust manifold attachment. Enjoy.
Tom

Last edited:

Ron-P

Jan 21, 2009
Surf City, CA
Thanks Tom, I got the idea of a bracket for the muffler but not to sure what you are talking about with a bolt through the tensioner bracket. Any chance you could post a pic, this is all new to me so I'm still learning.

Happy Motoring!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ron,
Here's a couple of pix that will explain the muffler and tensioner brackets I use. MB's fix for the tensioner works too. What ever, consider using something at that point cause it can be a real mess if the tensioner gets into your spokes. You might also hear from guys who will tell you to do away with the tensioner altogether. That works but leaves you with precious little adjustment when you find it necessary to tighten your chain due to wear. I prefer the option of having some latitude where chain adjustment is concerned without removing links or relying on half links to get the tension right.
Tom

Attachments

Ron-P

Jan 21, 2009
Surf City, CA
Thank you guys so much for the pics. I'll make those to mods a priority. Hey Tom, where did you find the muffle bracket, or is that something you just DIY'd?

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
HEY TOM, TWO GOOD MODS, THAT TENSIONER MOD COULD SAVE ONE A LOT OF PAIN OR WORSE!! PERFECT PICTURES. SO MANY GREAT TIPS ON THE FORUM. VERY CLEAN MUFFLER SUPPORT (RUBBER MOUNTED!!) RON .rd.

Last edited: