212cc Predator Engine Gear Ratio

GoldenMotor.com

mattp98

Mar 11, 2014
Connecticut
Hey Guys im new to this forum and I am building a beach cruiser with a 212cc predator engine (governor removed). I was wondering what gear ratio with a jackshaft kit would get me around 45 to 50mph and still have enough power to start from a stop and make it up hills.

Danny Pate

Feb 11, 2014
East Texas
zpt hey i got a 212cc predator with a jackshaft but i am running a cvt torque converter set-up but i am also shifting gears on the other side ...thats makes things way more complicated......i would start out with a 10 thooth on motor to 14 on jackshaft then 10 tooth to 50 on rear should put you in the ball park http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzEgWnnBMcs

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hi matt and welcome. that will be one fast motorized bicycle. I am not familiar with the 212cc engine but I am sure a few members are and will be glad to share their experience, great to have you with us

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Like cc says and the tav will make it easy if you go that route. Otherwise buy a good clutch.

Danny Pate

Feb 11, 2014
East Texas
I bought a Comet i have had no problems with it at all....but i am new to the bike building seen ...... I have almost 500 miles on it now

Manic Mechanic

Mar 30, 2014
san luis obispo
Hello Matt,
I have a beach cruiser myself. It tops out at 44mph. It is all in the gearing, the least amount of teeth on your sprocket the higher your top end will be. A 25 or 27 teeth sprocket should get you there, but your low end will be terrible. I burn up clutches monthly on my 66cc two stroke. Just the price I pay for a fast bike. Best of luck ... Jeff