400Miles/gal and easy slope at 35%

GoldenMotor.com

Yvanovitch

Dec 6, 2013
France
Hi (Bonjour à tous)

I find this wonderfull forum concerning the subject on witch I work since 1998. Sorry for my bad English I'm a Frenchy...

My objective was to build a toy able to climb every where, with a very hight energy efficiency.

8 prototypes later, we recently have done a trip (190 Km ~120 Miles) in the Alpes, 6000 feet in 4 pass at 34,5 Km/h average speed (~20 Miles/h) with only 0,9 Liter of gas.(if i'm right close to 500Miles/gal)

But it was a long story before to obtain that...

May be some persons could be interested .

I try to put some pictures (most part are too heavy and I'm very bad in computer...).

A bientôt

Yvanovitch

Attachments

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Welcome aboard, Yvanovitch.

500 miles per gallon? That's quite a claim. But don't let my cynicism distract you. We'll be interested to hear more about that engine/drive train.

It's a friction drive, right? It's pretty hard to see in those photos.

Such a beautiful girl in that one pic!

Yvanovitch

Dec 6, 2013
France
Hi bluegoatwoods.
400 Miles/gal is the average use of gas, but on a long trip on road the minimum is 0,44 L/100Km, in fact we are not yet at the minimum and we continue to progress.

The transmission is a multispeed, 18 for the engine and also 18 for you.
You can find more info on : (we don't have anything to sell it's only a resaerch site)

www.hectordelta.com

And another picture of the girl...

Tank for your message

Yvanovitch

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hi (Bonjour à tous)

My objective was to build a toy able to climb every where, with a very hight energy efficiency.

8 prototypes later, we recently have done a trip (190 Km ~120 Miles) in the Alpes, 6000 feet in 4 pass at 34,5 Km/h average speed (~20 Miles/h) with only 0,9 Liter of gas.(if i'm right close to 500Miles/gal)

Yvanovitch
Your conversion is correct but you must have done a lot of pedaling and coasting downhill to get such high mileage.

How about a mileage test on flat ground?

what motor are you using?
I have seen drive systems like yours through the cranks before.

I love Felt biikes too.

Hey, do you have any organized motorized bicycle racing in France aside from the Solex racing?

Have you seen www.facebook.com/MotorizedBicycleRacing

Last edited:

Yvanovitch

Dec 6, 2013
France
Hi Motorbicycleracing,

Tank for the conversion control, I wasn't sure (US gal Uk gal US miles Uk Miles) what I must take Miles/gal ? can you give to me the right Gal and the right Miles ?

Well I'm sure that a lot of people are good in computer here, the trip was Grenoble-Die- Grenoble the pass was Fau, Lus la croix haute, Grimone, Mené and it's more than 6000 feet and at 20 Miles/h the free wheel was use but...

If the man with me was good in bike, me my trainning is more the kind "Microsoft office" and 170 pound...

In fact if you give an Hector Delta to a champion it use more gas than with normal person, because a champion pédale at more than 90 Rpm and then, the engine is not at his best efficiency speed.

For that trip we was on a standart spécifications with a best engine out put at 60 to 70 pedales Rpm.

The economy of gas don't provide of your power, but provide essentialy because you pedale at a very constant speed with a very efficient transmission.

With a champion and adapted Hybridization (best efficiency at for exemple 90 pedales RPM) the use of gas can be a lot less (closed to 0,35 L/100Km).

The engine is a Subaru EH 25cc but it's not a very efficiency engine 410 Grs/kwh. In fact we are very far of the efficiency limit. This limit is probably closed to 800 M/gal.

Yes we have other race than the Solex, the Solex is a joke because nothing is worst to race (I have done Solex Race when I was young) promess I will find something for you. The reglementation is différent we must use less than 50cc, with or without gear box and there is a lot of catégories.

Tank for the link, very beautifull bicycles, I love the Ol smokey.

Yvanovitch

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
There was a Guy making a similar powered bike in Northern California with the motor in the same position and driving through the cranks.
I doubt if he is still around.

WWW.staton-inc.com sells a set up kind of like yours and sold one called a bimoto?? or something like that.

I have a Robin Subaru 35cc and a Honda GX 31 and have ridden Honda GX 35's.

Would like to see better pics of the bike and much more scantily clad pics of the woman! :D

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
That's a slick looking transmission you've got there, most impressive.

I like it, motor almost disappears.