Jul 13, 2010
CA
Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN SILVERBEAR

your personal story is most incredible and a further attest to the human spirit

measure i have not come across a clinton yet in my scavenging-- the motors pictured are briggs 2.5 and 3.5 -- have a few 5 hp as well

just a Belgian update

went to the beurs swap meet in leuven sunday -- getting there was an adventure in that there were no public buses from the train station to the swap meet exhibition hall location even though the computer made no mention of that!!! any other day no problem!!!! meet -- it was about 3.5 miles away and raining and blowing like **** so i walked it of course

bought amongst other things a 1950 socovel a belgian brand pre 56 with a villers 200cc in it

scovel was a pioneer company with electric scooters in its day --google them for a history

the 1950 was from a guy from luxembourg--pretty clean and should run!!!!

lucky a morocan guy i had met at another beurs 2 years ago had a small trailer and was headed back to antwerpen --destiny at work

also ran into the guy i had bought the 1939 gillet 125 two stroke a few years ago from and am planning to get together to see his collection and perhaps find the cylinder, piston and gaskets
flywheel and electric to posibbly get it to run??!!

school vacation here for a week so no more welding class --i really miss it

i will try to figure out how to get some pictures posted??????

ride safe--- let your mind soar!!!

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
I WANT TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT---

while i consider all the kind things that have been said about me and even those of a more critical nature i am not the artist here!!!

The artists are all those who have set about to put an engine of whatever nature to one or more wheels and the real LEONARDOS are such as
pat, ccc, goldy, of course lurker, vintage tom!!!, making it up as he goes along, and countless more that truly know what an engine or electric motor is about and have either an encyclopedic knowledge of motorcycles and such and have the mechanical genius to put such things together

i am a hack maybe a bit RAUSCHENBERG who has set about to cobble such things together ---
for me in the mix there may be something someone responds to good or bad and as such i am satisfied as well as enjoying myself and learning so very much in the process

ride safe

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
okay racie

i am going to another beurs this saturday in roeselare, belgium

if you want to get an idea of another one i went to last december in ranst and bought the 1939 gillet needing full restoration- kinda of pictured at the very end of the youtube go to www.vetfrakken.be/oldtimerbeurs/#foto and view the youtube by dutchurbanminer

ride safe

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
registered for another series of saturday welding classes
I want to put some of the tubing -straight and bent store clothing racks and other assorted bits of metal i have accumulated to some use!!!

doodling a lot of frame ideas and keep getting back to the bassman frame --
man it really says it all!!!!

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
If you are interested --please check in the High Performance category

Scotto´s Felt Cruiser build...not --- for my most recent findings for motorbicycle biz here in Europe at the present time???!!!
any other non usa followers please give some feedback as to motorized bicycle scene in your given country and its general public interest and enthusiasm???
the thumbs up you get is fun but what of the general publics interest to get involved with motorized bicycles???

I am in a real quandry -- I read the motorized bicycle site and other sites interesting to me and get all psyched up and ...

I will keep up my chopping and welding activity- weather permitting -and continue to visit all the motorcycle and moped swap meets -
because I enjoy them and whatever it takes to get to them and also most likely continue collecting that which catches my interest
so stay tuned if this is at all interesting for you....

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Heading to Oost Malle this eveining with Mo my moroccan friend who will be having a booth at the beurs--swap meet-- maybe pick up some goodies before everyone arrives tomorrow when it opens for the public!!!
My buddy Dirk from Vorsellar will also have a booth-- spent last monday with him tearing a honda rebel apart for parts-- a 17 year old who had bought it from him without parental permission!!!!!!--well papa went ballistic and took a sledge hammer to it to make a point--- kid gave it back to Dirk--

my parents would never let me have a motorcycle as a youngster-- a long time ago -- even though my dad rode a bike to and from work in manhattan many many decades before malcom forbes made such a thing popular or trendy
I see their point of course--it is dangerous!!!

cleaned the Zundapp points and viola has spark --will clean tank and run in the near future!!!

have the new session welding class tomorrow all day!!--yeah lookín forward to burning some mig wire on some of the bed frames and clothing racks I have accumulated

this morning coming back from bringing my daughter to school found a Decathalon womens bike ---cool heavy duty frame oversized tubing construction!!!
someone ran over the front wheel and was left as trash--yeah!!
going to resurrect it with a streeeetch and a top bar-maybe use the curved trampoline tubing i got at the scrapyard???

took a little pocket bike frame choped it as well and used the mandrels i got for free from the ship store that moved for setting eyelets in sails to round the rectangular tubing of the frame to accept the round tubing i have accumulated to stretch it to MANS size!!!

problem is deciding which and how many of the 6 current chop/build projects to drag to class tomorrow it is about 3-8ths of a mile and i have to walk/roll it tied to something or other to get it there and then home i sure look like the scrapiest of street characters going and coming in my overalls and --well you get the idea- it is the fancy side of town

--oh yeah visited the new RED STAR LINE MUSEUM google it if interested also near the house --the Cruise ship line responsible for transporting over a million immigrants from Antwerp to USA/CANADA in the late 1890s to after WWII -- primarily Ellis Island New York City

all the chop and stretch weld HERE is mostly get in shape for my california activity in a month-- been rainy and cold here though today at this instant!! it is sunny and clear but that could change in a second!!!

ride safe!!!

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
gona weld tomorow morning saturday class
think i will chop and stretch the decathalon frame

picked up a bernards w110 engine
pretty cool with dual push rod tubes --it´s french
you tube it for a looksie!!

swap meet beurs next saturday in aarschot should be a big one
you tube old timers beurs ranst 2012 to get a good idea of one of the better belgian beurs

ranst this year is december 7th

man it is cold these days!!

ride safe

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Thanks Intrepid--

somehow I suspected that Bernard W110 would make for a great bike

your photo reference has me totally psyched out!!

Now to get it back to the usa??? maybe stripped it will fit in a suitcase within the weight restriction!!!!

ride safe

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
I bought

a slew of engines, Puch heads, cyclinders and pistons, older large diameter heavy spoked wheels, and great old leather seats at the beurs in Aarscott last weekend and this weekend I head to Ranst for another beurs

would have bought a beautiful complete great original patina 1930´s French motorcycle -girder forks for 1000 euros but how to get it to the USA???

now to figure out how to get what i want back to Los Angeles for my builds!!!

ride safe

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
BUILD OFFS ANYONE????

I POSTED ABOUT THAT PREVIOUSLY AND WAS TOLD THEY HAD EXISTED PREVIOUSLY

ANYONE WANT TO START (build off competition) SUCH ACTIVITY AGAIN??????