Me and my bee

GoldenMotor.com

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
How is bee in terms of reliability?
Well i have 3,000miles on mine and have only had to change the drive wheel a few times which takes 5mins. I would say they are probally one of the most reliable kits out there. They just got a new drive wheel and i have 300miles on mine and it hasnt even barely worn it out. They are on sale right now for250 but in 2 weeks they are going to go back to 279 i think they are gonna have free shipping though! Good luck

qwerty2000

Oct 18, 2012
NJ
Well i have 3,000miles on mine and have only had to change the drive wheel a few times which takes 5mins. I would say they are probally one of the most reliable kits out there. They just got a new drive wheel and i have 300miles on mine and it hasnt even barely worn it out. They are on sale right now for250 but in 2 weeks they are going to go back to 279 i think they are gonna have free shipping though! Good luck
Thanks man! I am going to buy bee.

littletinman

May 15, 2012
Gaithersburg, MD
I got my new roller today and wow does it make a difference. I don't have to pedal on small hills and I tested it pretty hard and it didn't slip. I'll take this on a main road next time I get a chance so I can really take it up to speed.

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
guys, I got my new engine today. I am unable to start it. what should I do?
a common problem is people try and start the kit with the choke all the way on. the kit does not run with the choke all the way on. Each kit is tested before shipped it should run no problem..I would send bumblebee at [email protected] a email about it.
i would try starting at half choke. it should crank up.

bumblebee is usually good about customer service. if something breaks and its there fault they will fix it for free. including shipping.

I had a problem and they fixed it for just the cost of parts and they did the labor for free!

But i wouldnt tinker with it email them!

littletinman

May 15, 2012
Gaithersburg, MD
The first time I started up i didn't have enough tension on the tire and the engine roller just slid along the tire. You may have to pedal for a good minute the first time you fire it up after you get it in the mail. After that, it should run awesome. IT starts faster and faster each time I used it.

qwerty2000

Oct 18, 2012
NJ
Thanks for replying, I tried both, starting at half choke and tightening the string. It is still slipping after that. Also i noticed a small deformation in the roller . I am not sure if it was there from before or because of tightening.

Still its not starting. I tried to crank up for like 2 mins or more. I ll put the new roller and try again.:-||

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
Thanks for replying, I tried both, starting at half choke and tightening the string. It is still slipping after that. Also i noticed a small deformation in the roller . I am not sure if it was there from before or because of tightening.

Still its not starting. I tried to crank up for like 2 mins or more. I ll put the new roller and try again.:-||
Did you try the urethane roller..it works alot better..theres a fine line between perfect tension and not. if its perfect it will grab just enough to get you going while your pedaling and then it should fully wind out. good luck friend!

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando

figure it out yet? hows it running?

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
huh who would have known friction drives have problems to:)
Well each kit is tested on a test bike before its sent out to the customer so it has to run... the problem is in the handler not the kit! I bet $10 he figured it out and it runs great! But all kits have there problems even friction drives. its all part of the game! It sounds like he has the old delrin drive wheel on there..i dont like them i like the urethane drive wheels there great! Bee sends them out on there kits now instead of delrin. I had to clean my exhaust out on mine its a got few thousand miles and the screen was just clogged up bad..all kits need tinkering eventually!

littletinman

May 15, 2012
Gaithersburg, MD
The euro-thane roller is amazing!! I've been putting a bunch of miles on the engine to and from work and it's bee awesome in the cold. Much more consistent and reliable than my china girl.

I also changed the throttle to a twist throttle and I get far better control. They should do that by default. The lever throttle is a pain in the rear end.

Can't recommend the bumble bee enough for it's reliable performance and casual speed and ride.

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
Wow, it's been a long time since I rode my bee or even visited this forum. It looks like they made some improvements. I can't wait to order the new roller and take it out for a spin again.

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
I ordered the new roller today, I'm looking forward to trying it out.
WARNING: if you say something nice about the bumble bee in other forums you get called a spammer and get accused of working for them and they will tell you it's a piece of junk blah blah blah. I got tired of defending myself and just left the other forum. I know it's not a top of the line kit but calling it junk is unfair and ignorant.
Back to important stuff. How does the new roller perform in wet weather?
My tire is torn up due to me not knowing what I'm doing so I hope the new roller will be a little better on the new tire I install.