Throttle cable length..?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I'll try to make a long story short here guys.....

I met a fella at a burger joint while out on a bike ride a couple days ago who really liked my Karaoke bike and is interested in possibly having me install one of Duanes friction drive setups on the rear of a tandem bike he has, I called over to Duanes and found that they're out of the longer throttle cables, I kinda figured I might need one of the 114'' cable he normally keeps but I'm not really sure what length I need for the tandem bike.

Has anyone set a FD up on a tandem and if so what throttle cable length should I try to find and does anyone else know of a source for the longer cables, I'm trying to stay away from as many mods as possible on this deal, I would like to have everything as prefab. as possible so I could get it done quick for him and for me being I don't have a lot of time to tinker right now.

Peace, Map

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Well I looked and that seems to be some good looking stuff, only thing is I'm looking for a complete cable + sheath set up, don't want to make anything up, I need a prefab. throttle cable that will run the length of a tandem bike, theres got to be a source for that 114'' cable Thats Dax carries, he said it would be 1-2 months before he has anymore of them, but if I can't find a source for one I will have no choice but to make one up if the fella decides to have me install the FD kit on his bike.

Thanks Aleman

Peace, Map

I have never built a FD or a tandem, but I know a bit about long cables. Apehangers and rear drums will make ya learn quick! :D

I recommend Jagwire's "slick" series. Sheldon approved. There's no better cable for the money, IMHO, and they're cheap at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Jagwire-Slick-Stainless-3500mm-Shimano/dp/B001GSSCRI/

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thanks guys, very good resources on the cables and components, Thanks for the links Al. Fisherman and thanks for the link for the sheathing Aleman, I bookmarked that exact page just a bit ago, thats a good deal on the much sheathing.

I've bought things from gokartsupply.com in the past and had forgot all about them, that looks like the best deal and the standard duty cables and the other sites have what looks to be very good cables.

Again Thank you both very much for the help on this, I know what I can do now with only a minor bit of modification.

Peace, Map (^)