Greetings from Arizona

GoldenMotor.com

Polman

Sep 4, 2008
Lake havasu city
What's happening all ? I'm fairly new to the motorized bike scene with about 1000 miles on a GEBE R/S 35 set up.I bought a Schwinn cimmaron on amazon for $199.00 which has worked out real well so far,although I had to replace the rear wheel due to strength issues.Most stock rear wheels will not hold up to a "rack-mount" kit like a gebe or staton.I use the bike about 20 miles per day whether commuting or just tooling around.Cruising speed about 25-28mph,I weigh 180lbs.The r/s 35 is a very quiet engine,suprisingly quiet.It is by all accounts one of the best we have to choose from.I would like more power but do not want to mix fuel.The next choice for me would probably be the MITZU ml43 I think it's called.Another issue with the r/s is the tank size,it could definitely use an aux. tank,I'll probably use a tear drop style H.T. tank if I can find one.If I build a more powerful bike I will no doubt go with the rp460 engine (4+hp) and a staton chain drive set-up.I understand this set up can approach 50+mph with loads of torque.Anyway,thats my story so far.Looks like a cool site...........Bill P

Polman

Sep 4, 2008
Lake havasu city
I'm in Lake havasu city,just starting to get some mild relief from the heat.Currently seeking employment and unable to find any down here,how's the job market in Flag?

danosixtysix

Apr 21, 2008
queen creek, arizona
A blistering 81 degrees here in flagstaff . slow here at my work for a couple of months ,but picked a good size job last week so we are busy for now . by any chance are you sheetmetal worker ? please post some pics of your motobike .

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
Welcome from Mesa Arizona. I have a Subaru EHO35 with about 1300 trouble free miles on it. It is not on a bike at present but is a great little motor. I am wanting to get a shift kit for mine and then using gears use it's power better.

Polman

Sep 4, 2008
Lake havasu city
I went with the R/S for reliablity issues,seems to run like ****.I need to find a source for the cotton-type air cleaner,I'm constantly cleaning it out and it looks like it may need new soon.I think staton may carry them,gotta check.I like the whole idea of gearing for power,I suppose you would have to convert to chain drive and not applicable for the gebe.Also, have you ever changed the fuel filter on the R/S?

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
You know I been through the desert on a horse with no name, Welcome to the forum Bill! I'm so glad you found us. Bike sounds really healthy. We love pics if you have some to share:)

Polman

Sep 4, 2008
Lake havasu city
Thanks TORQUES, I thought thats where it was.Can you buy a suitable replacement at the auto parts store? I may be inclined to switch over to an standard inline type if not. Hope all is well !