Which of these engines is the best? Ordering now.

GoldenMotor.com

Sheriff John

Jan 18, 2011
San Diego
I have heard alot about the RAW engines. Out of all these which are most: reliable, powerful, nicest quality.

How is the company kings motor bikes compared to Heliobikes?

Jet 66cc

RAW 66cc

GRUBEE skyhawk 66cc

Black stalion 66cc

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Where are you seeing black stallion and jet? If it's from the same retailer, they're out of stock and you'll get a GT5 skyhawk (66cc) no matter what.

Anyway, RAW motors is where it's at, you get 415 chain, NT carb, good warranty, good price etc etc. They're the best - and in stock, don't expect that to stay, they're out of stock more than in stock there and with VERY good reason. They're awesome!

KingsMotorBikes is bad news, they're owned by Nationwide Access LLC. Bad reviews on that company. Same company owns Zone8Cycling and GasBike.

HelioBikes has been on and off the picture for a while.

Get a raw from rawmotors.com

BeaverRat

Jun 27, 2011
WA
The SD Stinger is the best engine I have ever used. Very good casting quality on the head, 415 chain, NT Carb, and they respond to emails and will send you a new engine if the one you received is defective.

NOTE: they are currently switching stock to a slant head style engine. If you want to receive the original SD Stinger with a straight plug head, you have to ask for it...

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Black is actually inferior, the paint smells horrid, and the paint also insulates the motor, not allowing heat to dissipate from the fins properly causing overheating issues.

Some people say slant is higher compression, others say it burns properly in accordance with the intake and exhaust ports. The real reason is for space clearance.

Sheriff John

Jan 18, 2011
San Diego
So slant heads are ok? I won't get black. I saw a thread about slant heads sucking. Is that true at all? If not I'll get a straight one. I like how the slant head looks as well.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Honestly, I can't even be objective about it. I can say that with my Raw I pull 35+ MPH on a 48cc straight head and a 36T sprocket and SBP exhaust.

If you like it, get it. Though, it might not hurt to purchase a straight head as well so you can compare side by side yourself.

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
I agree!!! read about race teams painting intake manifolds and block parts for cooling purposes, it has a definite effect on radiant cooling

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Silly me- I think they're all about the same! Only minor cosmetic differences-
There's a greater cahnce of getting something defective across the board than putting much worry into a choice otherwise, it seems to me at least

Can anybody give some hard verifiable data to dispute? Beyond advertising claims, aren't they all the same basic design and maufacture- China Girl

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Basically the same yes.......same quality control for all manufacturers......I'm not 100% all the way on this one but ..........
I have 5 engines and some of them had much smoother better looking castings and much cleaner ports than others, it seems that there may be some very small mom & pop operations that are turning out different quality engines than maybe some of the bigger operations.

Also I have 2 engines that are made for the larger front down tube bikes, only person I know that sells these engines is BGF/LuckyEarlyBird, to the best of my knowledge no one else has ever handled them that I have seen, correct me if I'm wrong on this.....Shrug!

Check out this link and then you will have a better idea of just how many manufacterers there are and how much of a mark up there is on these kits from the way it looks to me.....
LINK : http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/80-cc-bicycle-engine.html :LINK

Just my thoughts NOT a solid claim by any means....!

Peace, map