Ordered a engine from Staton and got it in 2 days!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
As much of a smartass David Staton is,he does do what he says hes going to do....I ordered a R/S EHO35 engine and got it in 2 days....Man hes good!!!!
I ordered a GEBE kit and they send it out right away,the tracking # says it will be here thursday so that is only a 4 day wait from GEBE....I have the motor setting next to me on the table as im typing and cant wait until the GEBE kit comes in so I can mount it up to my brand new Mongoose xr75 full suspension bike I bought a few days ago....The bike is Black and yellow so its going to match the engine perfect....I will post pics here in the next day or so as im doing my install....I orderd a rear 12 gauge rim,center mount kickstand,armadillo punture resistant kevolar tires and a few other things from my local bike shop and they should be in thursday as well....The armadillo tires are not cheap(they cost 45.00 each)....
John

moonshiner

Apr 23, 2011
tennessee
kinda funny , i got my bike engine from staton today too , ole Dave he does seem to be quite eccentric , but he's been around for a long time selling bike engines and manufacturing transmissions ,i have wanted one of his kits forever , so for this first one that's what i bought ...

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
kinda funny , i got my bike engine from staton today too , ole Dave he does seem to be quite eccentric , but he's been around for a long time selling bike engines and manufacturing transmissions ,i have wanted one of his kits forever , so for this first one that's what i bought ...
Glad to hear you got your engine today to....What kind of engine did you buy?I took one of my old throttle grip setups with cable from one of my old HT kits and hooked it up to the engine and it fits and works great....I wasent looking forward to having to use the lever throttle....
John

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Cool, we've got a club going.

Next project for me is a Mango Toucan 3 with a Staton 35 cc Robin Subaru friction drive.

I was going to put the *happy time* laff (that really is the best name for those, still makes me laugh everytime I think about it) on the Mango, but soon found the sprocket wasn't going to work with the 3 speed hub. I like 3 speeds. One gear for uphill, one gear for level and one for downhill.

Now we have some good balance, a $400 bike with a $400 motor kit.

Yeah Baby!

moonshiner

Apr 23, 2011
tennessee
John i got the 35 cc Subaru friction drive kit with a one inch roller , its going on my Schwinn avenue hybrid tomorrow , i was looking for reliable transportation ,something easy to install with no frills or drama , i know they chew through back tires pretty quick that's not a problem tires are fairly cheap and plentiful , for the next build on my Schwinn varsity i am going with a Lehr 25 cc propane 4 stroke motor and some kind of rear mount geared system and i may add a geared electric hub motor up front , and charge the batteries off of solar panels and call it the ECO BIKE ...

Keith

.flg.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
John i got the 35 cc Subaru friction drive kit with a one inch roller , its going on my Schwinn avenue hybrid tomorrow , i was looking for reliable transportation ,something easy to install with no frills or drama , i know they chew through back tires pretty quick that's not a problem tires are fairly cheap and plentiful , for the next build on my Schwinn varsity i am going with a Lehr 25 cc propane 4 stroke motor and some kind of rear mount geared system and i may add a geared electric hub motor up front , and charge the batteries off of solar panels and call it the ECO BIKE ...

Keith

.flg.
Moonshiner,Sounds like it will be a cool bike....I seen those propane engines on his site,all green(look like a John Deere lol)....

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
I've got 2 Staton kits Subaru Friction drive with over 3 years of commuting back and forth from work and the other one is going on my Grant Stiletto. The only problem I've had with the friction drive is loss of traction due to wet pavement. I've had no problems with the Stiletto kit as yet. Staton is a little pricey but you get what you pay for.
If you buy one of the propane kits keep us posted on how you like it. There's been a lot of pros and cons on this kit. All the Staton kits are rack mounted and don't have the cool factor but I don' t think you can find one that is more dependable.
buzzard

moonshiner

Apr 23, 2011
tennessee
i was a little worried to go propane on the first one ,i am a Honda man at heart , but i have got Subaru robin go-kart and tiller motors and they always start the first crank and only quit running when they run out of gas or you shut them off , so i figured i couldn't go wrong with the robin , and it is also very ECO friendly , it puts out less than 1/3 the emissions of even a clean burn two stroke , but now that i got reliable wheels i plan to go off the grid on the next one .

buzzard
i am glad to hear the staton kits are very reliable , how long dose your average drive tire last ?

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
i was a little worried to go propane on the first one ,i am a Honda man at heart , but i have got Subaru robin go-kart and tiller motors and they always start the first crank and only quit running when they run out of gas or you shut them off , so i figured i couldn't go wrong with the robin , and it is also very ECO friendly , it puts out less than 1/3 the emissions of even a clean burn two stroke , but now that i got reliable wheels i plan to go off the grid on the next one .

buzzard
i am glad to hear the staton kits are very reliable , how long dose your average drive tire last ?
moonshiner I'd like to answer and give you some tips on tire wear. But we're starting to get a little off topic, we're getting some duplication. There is a gas friction drive thread we should move down to. twodoor might get upset if we have 2 threads of the same subject going at the same time and it'll save duplication. Post tire wear there on the friction drive thread and I'll jump right in.
buzzard