My finished murray cruiser (done for now)

GoldenMotor.com

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
I have spent a lot of time on this bike and I'm pretty happy with it. Learned alot that i plan to use on my next build. Looking for a stretched cruiser now. Spent some time playing with the welder to make the seat post, the exhaust, welded on clips for the cables, front brakes on the springer and some other various brackets. I must admit until i built my first cranbrook I swore I would never ride a cruiser but I just love this bike and so does my daughter! We take it to church every sunday.
The first pic is what I started with and the others are results so far. I might change the color scheme but it matches my daughters trailer and she really likes that

I am having problems getting the pics the correct size, rrrggg!

Attachments

Last edited:

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
Thank you guys, and Bill my next project is going to include a custom fited tank like yours in that Gts you have!- I love the way that bike looks- have to sell a cranny to make room in my garage but cant wait to start on Gts Micagri (I think that is the bike you used in that build with the frame fitted tank).

VIP

Mar 30, 2010
maineville ohio
I like that seat post idea. I feel like I am too far forward on mine so I think I will work on that.

My other bile is an electra townie that has the seat post back 4-5 inches and that is way more comfortable for me.

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
if you are looking for a strech cruiser chubbys beach cruiser sells the at a reasonable price nice biult i really like the paint job you did on the gas tank and the whole bike

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
I like that seat post idea. I feel like I am too far forward on mine so I think I will work on that.

My other bile is an electra townie that has the seat post back 4-5 inches and that is way more comfortable for me.
I used an angle finder and a level to get the cut right so the now horizontal seat post tube was level. I used a piece of 1/2 in. conduit for the rear support to brake/frame cross bar. I have done this a few times and it works great! I'm 6' tall and with out this my knees hit the handle bars on all the regular cruisers I've ridden. It is so much more comfortable and feels like a cruiser. It might not be so good for pedaling but that's not an issuse when you only have to pedal a few feet!

And thanks for the nice comments on my bike! I'm very proud of it and cant wait to take what I've learned to the next one!

Last edited: