The electric samlor sorta

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I spent some not so quality time in the orient back in the sixties. On one of my few trips to beautiful downtown Bangkok I rode in a 3 wheel pedal taxi called a samlor. The man pedaling it had a set of cannons for legs, but alas I can not possible emulate that at almost seventy.

However I have an electric tricycle. Actually a Miami Sun trike with a 36v 800 watt hubber motor. So I have most of the project. Today I converted my last few projects to a tailer.

This trailer has twenty inch wheels and I built it as half a homemade trike first. Now it is going to be the trailer base for a lot of things. One of which is a battery box with a seat cushion on top. I figure I can give people a unique experience. I will give them a ride but only if they sign a waiver of liability. Do you think signing that waiver will discourage them lol.

Ps yes i am going to build it but for a joke, not to really ride people around.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
]Okay I took a picture of the samlor but of course the best one got lost.

Maybe I should call it the tricycle built for two. My wife has decided it is a deathtrap and no one is allowed to ride on the rear seat even with a bike helmet.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
My dad spent two years there in the sixties. My older brother was born there. That's a nice trike you got there.