gas tank in handlebar bag?

GoldenMotor.com

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
I have never like these gas tanks that comes with these kits.Has anyone ever tried putting a small plastic tank in a handlebar bag.I posted a picture of the bag I have on my 4 stroke friction drive bike. I think it would hold a gas tank and run a gas line out the bottom of the bag down to the carb. Someone has probably already done this. thanks

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I think someone else did do that, but I think they mounted theirs on a rear rack. Or they put the tank inside the bag, I don't remember. I don't have time to search for that today.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
someone on here made a small round aluminum tank and put in a bag behind there seat.
all you need is a small tank with vented cap or cap plus vent and a petcock or hose fitting plus shutoff.weld or use jb-weld.put inside bag if needed.i may do this soon.

Clotho

May 25, 2008
For safety's sake I think you would be better off putting it behind the seat. In a collision a plastic tank on the front gets crushed and you get covered in gas. One source of ignition and poof, game over. Better to use a metal tank but if you must use a plastic one I would be sure to put it on the back.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
even with my stock tank everybody ask me where my tank is and i have to point it out.
my tank is black and on the rear rack and my bike is all black to match so the tank blends right in, i also have a new black gas cap.