what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
View attachment 78330 ok so what do you all think of my bike so far?????
What I thought was unusual about the rainbow creation was the 700c tires more than the colors. I'm thinking of a project build here & while I may try something besides just black for color, I am investigating Worksman wheels. More to do with what may handle our crappy Michigan roads, than any personal preference.
Those colors are attention getting, and that is always a GOOD thing.

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
i know what you mean about our roads here LOL the state flower is out in force damn orange and white flowers LOL that frame and parts for just the bike cost me damn near 700.00 puncture resistant tubes the retro white wall tires that fork isn't cheap either but hey I wanted a sound bike that will do what I want it to so so I worked the cylinder the piston added that reed valve went with the jake head and the lightning bolt ignition for good measure now im waiting on my chrome throttle and hand grip so I can open the throat of that runtong carb any idea on the jet ill need here in Michigan????

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
i know what you mean about our roads here LOL the state flower is out in force damn orange and white flowers LOL that frame and parts for just the bike cost me damn near 700.00 puncture resistant tubes the retro white wall tires that fork isn't cheap either but hey I wanted a sound bike that will do what I want it to so so I worked the cylinder the piston added that reed valve went with the jake head and the lightning bolt ignition for good measure now im waiting on my chrome throttle and hand grip so I can open the throat of that runtong carb any idea on the jet ill need here in Michigan????
As for jetting - I am just now experimenting with my new NT carb & I don't believe the results will mean jack to you. I am running a 4 cycle & if I get going on another project I intend that to be a 4.

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
box no pulg.jpg so I finally got the box built that turns the 6v of the white wire to 12v they only produce 1 amp but they will light leds and when the power socket for cell phone chargers get here ill be finishing them up too. these will charge a small 12v battery for lights but not a lot of amps im selling these if anyone is interested pm me and we will talk

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
Tonight I finished truing my custom wheel set that I'm building for my upcoming project. The front is a 130mm dirt bike drum, and the rear is a 90mm moped drum, both laced to 24" steel bicycle rims with 11g spokes. The front hub was given to me by a very good buddy, and the rear hub was purchased brand new, I got it in a trade. I like the front hub simply for its size, its 1.5 times bigger than the biggest bicycle drum available. I'm expecting stopping power that is comparable to disc with this big drum. I like the rear hub because the drive sprocket bolts directly to the hub via six mounting holes, making it far superior to any sprocket adapter or rag joint. I trued them in the rear of a bicycle frame, using a c-brake with the brake pads as feelers. At first I tried using both pads at the same time, thinking I could get it done faster if I could true both sides of the rim simultaneously, but what I discovered is that when you get both pads really close to the rim, its very hard to tell which side of the rim is rubbing on the pads, especially in low light. So I used one brake pad at a time. I did not use a brake cable to squeeze the pads against the rim, I just tightened down the nut that holds the brakes to the frame. The front wheel gave me a spot of trouble, but I figured it out. The first time I trued it, I was finding loose spokes on one side of the frame, and spokes that were way too tight on the other. What I did was loosen the two spokes closest to the loose spoke, then tighten the loose spoke, then tighten the two spokes closest to it. By doing this, I was able to get the spoke tension much more even. Now I need to trim the spoke ends because they were a little long, but they were the shortest 11g spokes I could find. I looked into custom spoke lengths, but none of the websites I found offered 11g spokes. Anyway, pics of the wheels can be seen in this thread: www.motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=58962

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
Did a bit of tightening up, & after watching the AGC video on fooling with air filters, carbs, etc. I gave the ol' soldier a larger jet. Then I proceeded to head for the outskirts of town, where I ran out of fuel. I am going to have to get into the habit of pulling the cap on that teeny-weeny tank BEFORE I leave the house.
This is especially true when I'm doing things that may affect fuel consumption.
laff

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Did some ebay shopping and got me a really cool frame to transfer all my parts to so I can replace my cracked frame with a full suspension frame... I've been looking for a good full suspension frame with an open front triangle for easy engine installation and this specialized just got my attention... http://www.ebay.com/itm/261915582302?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Hopefully I can make time to get my front end and other parts transfered over to this frame then put my engine back in so I can rip it up to the taco shop in the mornings again...

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
i know what you mean i too tried that opti and didnt like it i use amsol dominator racing oil 3oz to gal from the kawasaki dealer its 9.99 a QUART not a pint or a 3 oz bottle besides its red so i tell ppl that they run on blood sweat and tears but isnt that the truth??? but just remember its your choice what you use

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
do what i do sometimes look on craigslist and get a vintage 60's-70's "ballon" tire bike there tough ride like a drean and can handle tons of torque just dont forget to take the bearing nuts loose and pack some lithium based grease into the axles try to fill them good they will last a loooong time if you get them full

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Then I decided I got more engines than bikes to put them in so I got this to see if this would be a good basic platform to build from http://www.ebay.com/itm/271804554238?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT ... if this is a good strong frame I may buy 2 or 3 more and build a few to see how they sell in my area, I'm always getting customers in my shop asking me if they can buy mine or my customer's bikes when I got one of theirs there...

I got the blue schwinn cruiser back at the shop because the guy's brother was being way too rough on the throttle and broke the cable end off, I'm really hoping that little piece is in the carb and didn't go into the engine, he said he didn't think it was running when it happened but I will soon find out...
I will be replacing the metal throttle with a plastic one so it'll break at the grip instead of the carb if his brother does this again...