what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

SuperDave

Sep 24, 2011
Panama City Beach, Fl. USA
Being that it's just a quarter-sized bare patch, if I used this kind of enamel do you think I could cure it with a heat gun? Yes, I would drain and air-out the tank and line.
Be kinda hard to determine or maintain consistant temps with a hair dryer style heat gun I would think. VHT isn't cheap, (quality never is) as I recall it was $7.00 a can, for that kind of money, why not spray the entire tank? Make it a project for a rainy day. Or during winter downtime.

But if all you want to do is patch a bald spot, why not try Map's suggestion of using Autozone Lacquer, it is cheaper and wouldn't require the time, effort or expense that my approach does. If nothing else, it may tide you over through the rest of the year until it becomes too cold to ride, thus giving you the time to do it up right.

More than likely it is the cap vent dribbling fuel outside the tank, its very common on these China Girls.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Made a 500 lumen light out half of a 1½" bell end PVC sched, 40 coupling
and 1¼" 50 watt 12 volt light.

"I picked up a case of 12 of them for $3 bucks at a yard sale"

I Salvaged parts from an old lamp we had that our cat decided we didn't need any more and did a 4' gravity check with it. "SMASH"

I used the power cord for the wires from the light to "the 12 volt battery
"a battery that I took out of our fio's cable modem shhh"

The chain switch from the lamp was also used for this light

I didn't HAVE to put tape on it but the pipe was gray stock & when
I painted it black it wouldn't dry "RUSTOLEUM"

So instead of waiting patiently for the paint to dry I taped it up it so I could work on it. Or else it would of looked much better more of a "factory made look" if i didn't tape it. Live and learn

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I made some with the 50W bulbs like that about 3 years ago, very bright lights, heck on batteries.... because I ride a long ways most of the time and the battery didn't have as good of a life as I would have liked, but seems that is the case with most batteries...

nice job, you'll be able to see way out there now and that is a big deal for safety at night.

map

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I picked up a case of 12 of them for $3 bucks at a yard sale"
Nice Light...

I Salvaged parts from an old lamp we had that our cat decided we didn't need any more and did a 4' gravity check with it. "SMASH"

I used the power cord for the wires from the light to "the 12 volt battery
"a battery that I took out of our fio's cable modem shhh"

The chain switch from the lamp was also used for this light

I didn't HAVE to put tape on it but the pipe was gray stock & when
I painted it black it wouldn't dry "RUSTOLEUM"

So instead of waiting patiently for the paint to dry I taped it up it so I could work on it. Or else it would of looked much better more of a "factory made look" if i didn't tape it. Live and learn

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Made a 500 lumen light out half of a 1½" bell end PVC sched, 40 coupling
and 1¼" 50 watt 12 volt light...
You may like these then, they're a direct replacement for those bulbs should you wish to reduce power consumption: LED MR16 Spotlight 12V 4W (440 Lumen - 50 Watt Equivalent) $2.60
http://www.amazon.com/LED-MR16-Spotlight-12V-Lumen/dp/B0051SRKVI

Here's two on my tad for an example, first pic difference in base sizes (LED on left & halogen on right), second & third pics are the two LED bulbs mounted, low beam (bottom) is a warm flood & top is a cool spot, both 440 lumen/50w equivalent @ only 4w draw (each) so it's a total of 880 lumen at only 8 watts for just about $5;

...and they don't get hot ;)

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
It opened for me, I was looking for places I recognize. Panama City is the closes beach to us here in Georgia so we have been there a lot. The picture below is what I do at the beach.

Attachments

Last edited:

paintgun

Nov 17, 2013
Illinois
Nice video, Dave. And I don't think it was that rough. I've seen a lot worse. And the reception you got from the guys there was pretty cool.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I also think its a good video Super Duper Dave...........LOL!

nice engine noise instead of some funky song playing that drowns out the ride like some of the videos we find on the Tube.

Ever since I have first seen your bike I have been curious about how it handles with that small front tire, but judging from the video it looks like it handles pritty stable, again nice video... looks like you had a great time and got some nice positive feedback from the on-lookers, some like our bikes and some just roll their eyes.... I figure the eye rollers only do it on the outside because of their ignorance and arrogance, but on the inside they really wish they could ride it......LOL! A true biker and/or motor sports enthusiast is always game for anything with wheels and a motor in my opinion.

Map
dnut

TakeiT

Apr 17, 2014
Oshawa, Ontario
Hang on,.......
TakeiT: 100km/h !! ?
Details please. What's your setup?
LOL no, my odometer rolled over to 100km :)

I decided to take it to my cottage today, about 50km away, in the rain.. Was fun, but I might have ****ed my rear bearing up, not sure if it's screwed or just loose, didn't look at it!

SuperDave

Sep 24, 2011
Panama City Beach, Fl. USA
It opened for me, I was looking for places I recognize. Panama City is the closes beach to us here in Georgia so we have been there a lot.
I ended up at Ms.Newby's @ Thomas Dr. & Joan Ave.

I also think its a good video Super Duper Dave...........LOL!

nice engine noise instead of some funky song playing that drowns out the ride like some of the videos we find on the Tube.

Ever since I have first seen your bike I have been curious about how it handles with that small front tire, but judging from the video it looks like it handles pritty stable, again nice video... looks like you had a great time and got some nice positive feedback from the on-lookers, some like our bikes and some just roll their eyes.... I figure the eye rollers only do it on the outside because of their ignorance and arrogance, but on the inside they really wish they could ride it......LOL! A true biker and/or motor sports enthusiast is always game for anything with wheels and a motor in my opinion.

Map
dnut
Thanks! It handles great as you can tell. To roll into a hardcore bike rally & be surrounded by real bikers who are eager to scope it out & compliment you before you even drop the kickstand is a proud moment that I was glad to be able to catch on video. They accept me as one of their own. It was my intention to craft a China Girl Chopper that a real biker could appreciate & I think I pulled it off.

Nice video, Dave. And I don't think it was that rough. I've seen a lot worse. And the reception you got from the guys there was pretty cool.
Thanks, I was worried because it was the 1st time I ever tried to record a ride in addition to have the camera hanging from the cord around my neck. Even when I wandered off to visit the different biker vendors, I'd peek & see folks gather around it & snap pics.