2 bike stolen in san diego

GoldenMotor.com

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
Please help me recover these bikes.

On December 21st 2011 at 1530hrs, I discovered my two Motorized bicycles stolen. Two locks were used to lock the bicycles up to each other and around a wooden pole. Both locks were cut.

Bike number 1 bike is described as a Trek classic cruiser matte black in color. It has ape hanger handlebars and a black motor. With chrome accents. The bike is registered through SDPD.

Bike number 2 is described as a black beach cruiser canteliver frame with red wheels black motor with custom pipe and a double springer monark front fork and front disc brake and red Tour de Fat plate on the rear rack that read "TDF2011". Bike number 2 is not registered. I do have pictures of both bike.

Please return no questions asked or if you have any information that leads to the recovery there is a reward $75 per bike or any information that leads to recovery the bikes. Please call/text anytime (760) 977-9532 ask for Charles or call/text anytime (760) 382-3197 and ask for Nick.

Help us take down San Diego bicycle thieves.

Attachments

Last edited:

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Please help me rocover these bikes.

On Cecember 21st 2011 at 1530hrs, I discovered my two Motorized bicycles stolen. Two locks were used to lock the bicycles up to each other and around a wooden pole. Both locks were cut.

Bike number 1 bike is described as a Trek classic cruiser matte black in color. It has ape hanger handlebars and a black motor. With chrome accents. The bike is registered through SDPD.

Bike number 2 is described as a black beach cruiser canteliver frame with red wheels black motor and a monark springer front fork and front disc brake. Bike number 2 is not registered. I do have pictures of both bike.

Bro that really sucks there is no worse feeling. I know both of those bike well and if I see the piece of **** that stole those I plan on making his pain legendary. After having my truck stolen this year I have been fantasizing about catching somebody stealing anything of mine.

On a lighter note i guess you'll be upgrading from the China/CNS nightmare of a rolling repair expo sooner than you planned. If you need help with the build or some welding done, dont hesitate to ask.

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
Thanx for the condolences. I didnt even get a chance to test out the Monark front end and disc break I just spent $100 in labor to make it right and get the back tire changed out. I miss the rolling repair expo lol. I kept me busy. It was my outlet from work. I gotta wait till tax time to get a bike. Felt mp with a 4 stroke. Untill then i got nothing to get around on.

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
That really sucks bro, well Ive got an extra brand new Tanaka 33cc and an old Schwinn beach cruiser (that I recently cut in half to do a frame extension but, can easily weld back together) you could borrow it to get you back on some transportation. You would need a Golden Eagle Install kit or some other drive mechanism (which arent exactly cheap) but are dead reliable. Its basically the same setup I ran when we rode from Mission Bay to Imperial Beach.
Let me know.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
sry to hear of the theft...
If I see anything resembling them I'll refer back to this post.
I hope you are able to recover them.
Best
rc

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I hope you get the bikes back! It's a shame you have to leave them out in that parking garage. Those under building things really scare me too, after experiencing the Northridge quake of '94 living in L.A.. Some of those structures squash flat near an epicenter, so if it starts to shake, get outta there!

If you somehow get them back- maybe just keep one at a time down there? anyway, good luck.

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
That really sucks bro, well Ive got an extra brand new Tanaka 33cc and an old Schwinn beach cruiser (that I recently cut in half to do a frame extension but, can easily weld back together) you could borrow it to get you back on some transportation. You would need a Golden Eagle Install kit or some other drive mechanism (which arent exactly cheap) but are dead reliable. Its basically the same setup I ran when we rode from Mission Bay to Imperial Beach.
Let me know.
Thanx Dano is letting my use his ride till I get mine back or build another one. Thanx though!!!

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Hope you get your bikes back

One time I caught some d***e bags syphoning my gas and trying to fiddle with my clutch,me an my frinds (who the teachers regularly mistake for seniors) scared them away.

fastfingas

Dec 25, 2011
New Orleans
Bro that really sucks there is no worse feeling. I know both of those bike well and if I see the piece of **** that stole those I plan on making his pain legendary. After having my truck stolen this year I have been fantasizing about catching somebody stealing anything of mine.

On a lighter note i guess you'll be upgrading from the China/CNS nightmare of a rolling repair expo sooner than you planned. If you need help with the build or some welding done, dont hesitate to ask.
,,,,,,, Man I hope you can recover your bikes! that same thing happened to me , two locks cut from a iron post and never saw my bikes again! it promted me to put up a 6 ft, wooden fence all around the house but that really isn't a good idea either cus once they get in behind the fence nobody can see them!!! .....good luck

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
i saw your add all over craigslist. i will keep my eye out for your bikes :)

thedude

Sep 10, 2011
San Francisco
Damn sorry to hear about the theft. Its been a long time since I've had a bike stolen, not lookin forward to the next time. I do remember it really sucks though. I hope you get them back. With all the good people on here I'd like to think that someone will see it, but were so spread out...

As for being preemptive, does registering the bike with the police do anything? Was it worth the time? And I actually have an alarm on mine. Ill post the link below. Its not the greatest alarm, has a plastic housing but is incredibly loud. It has a 3 digit password, vibration sensor and outputs 100+ db, I hid mine down below my engine where it isnt so obvious.

110 db Bicycle Bike Security Alarm Audible Sound Lock | eBay

Last edited:

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
THANK YOU GUY FOR EVERYTHING AND TRYING TO KEEP MY SPIRTS UP, THIS IS WHAT THIS COMMUNUITY IS ALL ABOUT!!!!

I've seen that alarm on ebay. I was gonna get it but didnt. Now I am for real this time. I already bought a $50 Kryptonite lock and cable. As for registering the bike with the police, if they raid a crack den or someone gets pulled over with it and they run the number and find it reported stolen then there is a better chance at getting back. It's only $19 also. Damn I miss my China/CNS nightmare of a rolling repair expo lol. I'm just waiting for them to mess up and take it out. It would be painful to part them out. Just easier to sell as a whole.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
So sorry to hear of your loss. It made me realize how vulnerable we are with these light weight machines. I thought about how I would feel about discovering my Panther or Indian Hiawatha stolen. They represent a fair amount of my meager income and a whole lot of time and effort, a couple of years worth for the Indian. I hope somehow you get your bikes back.
SB

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Kind of weird... obviously someone local saw them and broke the chain and stole them... but an MB would surely stand out being driven around in that town, so was it someone around for the holidays more likely who was leaving town?

Losing one is bad, but two at the same time is crazy...

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
I feel your pain ! I had one of my babies stolen 2 months ago and still no word. I look every time I am out and about driving. They cut through my cable locks with bolt cutters and was gone in like 2 minutes!