Noise and rotating pedals questions

GoldenMotor.com

Mercury

Jul 31, 2011
Austin, TX
I've read about adjusting the clutch if it doesn't disengage properly. I understand that it'll make lots of noise if that's the case. Will a too-tight clutch also make noise when the engine is off, the bike is rolled forward, and the clutch is disengaged? Also, should the pedals still rotate when you roll the bike forward under the same conditions? The pedals will stay in place if you hold them in place (with a bit of resistance) but will rotate if left alone. BTW, the bike is a Pacific cruiser with a coaster brake.
Thanks from Austin

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
A new engine will make lots of different noises; they will go away as the engine breaks in... The only thing about the clutch that you should have to adjust is the cable tension. Adjust it to where there's no slack but isn't pulling on the lever on top of the engine.
As far as the pedals turning too? how tight is the chain??? It should have a little slack.

Mercury

Jul 31, 2011
Austin, TX
Thanks to you both. I think my pedals want to rotate b/c the back wheel is not spinning completely freely, i'll have to figure out what I did to cause that.