Whats the best kit you can get, cheap

GoldenMotor.com

mojoman288

Apr 26, 2010
Toledo, OH
Ok, so I had decided to get a flying horse engine, (from a comparison to grubee in an earlier thread) but, gasbike.com decided to discontinue it, so, do you guys have any suggestions on a good engine kit for under $120, with free shipping?

PS sorry for the newb question

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Under 120 with shipping? Cant help you with that but, Gas Bike Shop has a ZB80 (ZoomBikes80) that really looks like what they used to call Pk80 for 134 with shipping. I think that is a pretty good deal.
Cheers
Chainmaker

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
hey nothing wrong with the flying horse engine....its a good kit....ive done a few of them never had trouble...the only thing i wish it came with is an upgraded carb but that goes for about 25bucks later if you want.....that kit is a good first kit....my daily rider has one and its got thousands of miles on it....the only things your gonna want to buy aftermarket is fuel line....i wouldnt use the stock electrical connectors either

mojoman288

Apr 26, 2010
Toledo, OH
dance1Chainmaker, about those engines, are they reliable?

On another note, wheres Bikeguy Joe? He usually swoops in with awesome advice.....

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
First hand ....with that particular one,I dont Know without using one. But..being reliable is a crap shoot with these motors. You either get a good one or a bad one, but You can lessen your chances of failure by doing a little pre-emptive work on them before You put them in, And getting one from a vendor who backs up thier product with good customer service. Search the forums read all You can about the motors You will see patterns of what seems to go wrong with them, and which dealers people gripe about.
Cheers
Chainmaker