new guy

GoldenMotor.com
iam new to this form and want to say hello. i have made two motorized bicycles in this last month. iam hooked. the first one i had for two weeks sold it and bought another any way my name david and iam having problems with my mb iam not getting any spark could someone tell me how i can test the mag i have multimeter but its not accurate to real low ohms. ican turn the motor over with a drill and hold the sprk plug with my hand nothy i just put a new cdi still nothy ican get 1 ac volt from mag turning wit drill w/b wire can some one reply with suggestion iam thinking i need a new mag but not sure..shft.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
David,
Welcome, you've come to the right place for help.
You said you held the sparkplug in your hand and saw no spark. The plug must be grounded against the engine case for it to work. You need a complete circuit. As for ohm readings try this: http://motorbicycling.com/f30/check-cdi-magneto-w-multimeter-8706.html
Voltage readings will be something in the 70 to 80 volt range, AC from the blue wire to ground from your mag with the engine rotating either by pedaling or spinning the crankshaft with your drill. Get back to us if this doesn't answer your questions.
Tom