Btr #4

GoldenMotor.com

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado
Well it fall again so that means it time to work on bikes again. when it get cold I close the garage door turn the heater on and go to work.
This year I started early because I met a guy at Bonneville that said he was interested in buying on of my bikes if I made another one. When I got home I started thinking of making one for him. I found a Mayhata bike that looked like it would work and started working on it a few weeks ago. So far I have made the frame and tank, put the motor in and I'm making a chain tensioner for it.
I will send some pictures later today. My Iphone pictures didn't work.

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado
Here are the picture of BTR #4. I still have alot of work to do. I also have another case inducted motor I'm building. After I got back from Bonneville I discovered that carb. came loose so I had to redo the case. I bought a new case and started over again and redid the old one. So I've started another one. I plan to have two case inducted bike pretty soon.
I still have BTR #3 from last year that needs a motor so it might go in that one. Last year I got side tracked working on street rods and doing ode jobs.

Attachments

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado
Thanks Rick, I'm glade you like it. I try to incorporate as much as I can into the motor as I can, leaving the bike as stock as possible. This server as a mount for the rear tank too. So it serve as three functions. I'm always trying to improve on every bike I build. It is really hard to improve on the red bike I built. It's so fast and so nice to ride it's hard to beat. this bike will not have that motor but will be very nice.

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado
I had the frame and tanks sand blasted yesterday so it's time to do the bodywork and paint. The motor is done, I road the bike already tested everything out then took it apart to paint.

Attachments

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado
I'm glade you like the bike Motomagz, the rear facing post is kind of the signature to my bikes. After I made my first one someone on here said that Reading Standard made one in the 19 hundreds, but when I built it I didn't know that. They happen to be one of fastest bikes of there time.
Yesterday I took the frame to powder-coat I was going to paint it but thought would save time to powder-coat.

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado
Well it been awhile, My computer went down for over a month so I couldn't post picture, finally up and running. The bike is painted. the color is Elk green is looks great a friend painted it for me he did a great job, but I rubbed thru the paint so when the weather gets better we will repaint it. Have a nice christmas!

Attachments

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado
Thanks Velodrome, I'm glade you like it. I've been working on #3 too I will post picture pretty soon. this bike has a little more to do but is almost complete.

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
when i 1st started reading this post i was struck by the amount of time you put in.
what you put in = what you get out. amazing work. loooong winters here too in MA.
i'll be starting my #3 soon. garage door shut, heat on too.

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado
Thanks Kartooo, I appreciate your thoughts. I slowed down for awhile because I'm working a couple of fenders for a 1939 international pick-up. It's a big job. I'm still working on the bikes off and on. I also made a gas tank for the pick-up too.
When I started building this I thought would sell to A guy I meet at bonneville ,but after I got almost finished I thought well I don't know? we'll see next summer if I will sell it.

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado
The brakes go on the bottom where the kickstand goes. There stock brakes to the bike. I have some disk brakes I might put on this one at a later date.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
The brakes go on the bottom where the kickstand goes. There stock brakes to the bike. I have some disk brakes I might put on this one at a later date.
Oh ya, I have seen those type of rear V-brakes, and it looks like you have V-brake mounts on the front fork.