trailer in the making

GoldenMotor.com

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
I was kinda looking at a trailer idea too. Something simple. Big enough for a 30pack and 4 grocery sacks. I was thinking about a simple axle and a base that I could put something in wicker on.

graucho

Feb 21, 2008
Minnesota
Looking very good. Keep in tune with your vision. Look at other examples to fine tune you creation. You'll be pulling it in no time.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Great job BB, coming out nice. Solid and clean.
What is the plan for the hitch?

I have been thinking of doing some thing like that with a removable passenger seat. Like Moto says, 30 pk and groceries. (Keg's? That would be funny and make a great pic)

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
make sure you take some good pictures on the axle and hitch part. Ive been keeping track of this thread for your updates. looking good so far , I like the elight weight materials you have decided to use. One thing I know you will have issue with and that will be the noise factor, since you have riveted the sides rather than weld it. there will be a noticeable rattle effect going down the road once the rivets loosen up a bit. Alot will also depend on your axle and tires you will use.

Good job so far on this project

brisbane_boy

Oct 26, 2008
Australia Brisbane
Bump.

Well due to our holidays i havent done to much, but iv got the hitch made and bolted on. All it needs now is the wheels welded on. that will be next weeks project.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i bought 2 small black plastic wastepaper baskets and im going to mount them like saddle bags to carry grocerys,beer,etc.i use to have a metal bicycle basket in the front but too much weight on the handle bars,not good for steering.
i tryed regular saddle bags but they went up in air like wings when riding and they tryed to get in wheels,so i think the plastic baskets were a good choice.they will hold a 12pack or grocerys in each one.

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I have been toying with the idea of combining running gear from a bike trailer with the box from a Radio Flyer wagon to make a retro-trailer. Cones in handy when you need to get more than one six pack from the store.

brisbane_boy

Oct 26, 2008
Australia Brisbane
Thanks fairracing. I went for a long ride today (without the trailer) because i havent had to much time lately. So its good to be bak on the bike. nothing like it.

Keep rideing!!!