Greetings from Central Florida

GoldenMotor.com

Stag

Mar 15, 2013
Space Coast
Hello MBike people!
I have visited the forum over the last year or so and have enjoyed watching the builds. Now it's my turn! I am building my own creation (somewhat).

I am tearing down a bmx frame and hacking it in to a low stretched out Boardtrack bike.

I have the 80cc china girl and faux tank (she'll have a liner/bladder) for the fuel.

I will probably start a tread as soon as some major work is under way!

My interests are reverse trikes, velomobiles, cyclecars and electric propulsion. Anyone in the area who would like to get together and critic/assist etc. Just drop me a line.

Will

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome stag. look forward to seeing you motorized bicycle when you get it done. great fun for sure

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Stag. You have lots of fellow Florida riders around you. Being an old Florida transplant, I envy your year round riding weather.
Keep us informed on the progress of your build.
Thanks for joining us.

Tom

Stag

Mar 15, 2013
Space Coast
Thanks for the welcome! I hope to meet some of the Florida MBers around the area. For the time being, here is a digital mockup of the bike. There are some changes that I am going to make but this is the basic layout.

The design came from a cgi student that inspired the bike. I will post pics as I go along. The next pick will be in it's own thread.

Wil

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. I thought you were building an electric boardie, based on your interests, but I see you are going with a China girl motor..

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Stag, I realize it's just a digital mock-up but keep in mind that with the engine at that angle you might run into chain interference at the engine where the chain exits the engine sprocket cover and the carburetor might be angled just a little too much for proper float operation.
Keep those things in mind before you do any welding.
Otherwise the concept is interesting and looking good.

Tom

Stag

Mar 15, 2013
Space Coast
Thanks Tom,

That is one of the mods to this mock up. I am going to us a 25T sprocket on the crank and see how much clearance I gain. If not I will either weld a small post to mount the engine as appose to mounting it to the seat/crank tube.

Thanks for the heads up on the float issue. I'll keep that in mind on the mods.

Will