Spooky kit

GoldenMotor.com

tvc15

Jun 27, 2010
portland, OR
After weeks of waiting for all my parts to arrive from Spooky Tooth (a horror show in itself) I have decided to get rid of 90% them because for the most part they were all, in my opinion, poor quality.

I'm going to mark this down as a very expensive life lesson!

The frame is a red headed step child, and after some evaluation I have decided not to risk my life with it (thus the bullet point" I dare you to ride it you little turd" on the website).

Many of the parts did not fit, at least one was used, the wheels are far from true, the springer that they sent had brake bosses welded over the chrome and they are in the wrong location so they really do not work (for me anyway), the hairpin seat was tacky and needed to be refinished... I could go on and on...literally!

Anyway last night I tore it all apart and will be selling all the parts on ebay to try to recoup my losses. I bought an Electra and I'm going to do it right this time.:-||

By the way thanks pirate, sick an Venice! You guys ship fast, are awesome professional and make this hobby a lot less spooky

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Lately Spooky has been getting some bad press, I myself wasn't impressed about the service I received on my first order.

Adam
Up until recently I heard nothing but good about them, but lately ?? Maybe they are just understaffed or something. Someone in AZ should call see if they are looking for help.
Cheers

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I have spoken to Roland and things are being fixed, please be patient. Roland is a stand up guy and so is Spookytoothcycles.

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
I've had only good service from Spookytooth. The one problem order I had with them they went out of their way to correct at their expense. It does seem like maybe they've had some recent issues from forum posts, but I'm thinking it's a temporary thing.