Chinese ht bicycle motors kits for $21

GoldenMotor.com

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
I was cruising on alibaba search for motors and in a chat with 1 exporter he said hed sell me a min of 50 kits for 21 bucks a piece lol thats cheap, of course I didnt dive into it deeper but dang no wonder china is killing the rest of the world on prices. Theres 3hp diesel engines you can buy and motors Ive never seen before.......this especially caught my eye.....50cc gasoline horizontal engine for moped motorcycle 50cc horizontal engine CN;C

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Re: Chinese ht motors kits for $21

As legit as a dollar bill. Alibaba is recognized around the world just like google or microsoft.

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny

Watch out for Alibaba, lots of crooks (ask me how I know). No reliable feedback like Ebay.

However that dealer is probably legit as that was going rate last time I was in ShenZhen. What they don't tell you up front is it costs about 3x more to ship than cost of engine. I found it better to just wheel and deal with middlemen like BGF, Zoom, etc.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi

21 bucks...lol...so if ya had a couple grand and a website you too could be a bicycle motor retailer ;)
A couple? Try only $1050, doesn't cover shipping and import fees though.

Just goes to show how much money is being made from these kits. Cheapest I've seen is BGF selling them with a buy it now of $114 with free shipping, you average $20 for shiping and you could make around $70 per kit just flipping them.

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny

Just goes to show how much money is being made from these kits. Cheapest I've seen is BGF selling them with a buy it now of $114 with free shipping, you average $20 for shiping and you could make around $70 per kit just flipping them.
Not likely. IMO Rick Shi and the gang make a fraction of that judging by estimates I got for container charge, broker fees, etc. and don't forget cross country freight.

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx

Wow is that site even legit?

Yes, they're legit. Think of them as a craigslist for import/exporting wholesale items. They advertise on ABC during the show 'Shark Tank.' The prices are cheap, but you usually have to buy them in bulk.