Speedo Comp Interference Issues

GoldenMotor.com

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Grounded wire shield. In other words, use a braided steel sheath around the wires and connect it (electrically) to the frame of the bike.

Reactions: Dan

sbest

Nov 3, 2015
Nova Scotia
Grounded wire shield. In other words, use a braided steel sheath around the wires and connect it (electrically) to the frame of the bike.
Or aluminum foil held with black tape, with a ground wire.

Put the coil as far from the speedo as you can.

Steve

ezrider

May 18, 2016
Indiana

Okay folks, gonna need some feedback on this so I'd know if I should take a chance on this product. Has anyone ever used a Bell Wireless Cyclocomputer on a motorized bike, or similar speedo comp....and if it actually WORKED ?

_

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Okay folks, gonna need some feedback on this so I'd know if I should take a chance on this product. Has anyone ever used a Bell Wireless Cyclocomputer on a motorized bike, or similar speedo comp....and if it actually WORKED ?

_
I am using one right now.

At first, every time I fired my bike up it would reset the speedo. But once the motor was up and running it worked fine.

Then, the battery went dead very shortly after purchase. I installed new battery's and the resetting after start up went away?

I used a wireless one years ago, was not a Bell do not remember the brand? But that one I had no trouble with it whatsoever.

T james

Nov 6, 2017
I have a speedo computer and having same problem. Anytime I fire up engine. It stops reading speed (which is the main reason of purchase). So I'm wondering a solution to this problem??

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I don't like any electronic speedometers, I can't read them with a glance.
I just stick with old school Analogs, like $17 and they always work.

The needle tends to bounce at super slow speeds, but runs pointing up on a well made direct drive.
It only goes to 50mph but that is just enough for that 45mph 4-stroke shifter, and there is something satisfying seeing a speedometer pegged to the right ;-}

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I don't like any electronic speedometers, I can't read them with a glance.
I just stick with old school Analogs, like $17 and they always work.

The needle tends to bounce at super slow speeds, but runs pointing up on a well made direct drive.
It only goes to 50mph but that is just enough for that 45mph 4-stroke shifter, and there is something satisfying seeing a speedometer pegged to the right ;-}

That must be a cool feeling. Don't think I've ever built any thing that made it past low 40s. 45, tops. Building mostly junkers and wally world -ers. Probably a good thing, LoL.

(Gotta find a really cool, stout, multi-speed beach cruiser.

Black w/ front suspension

with cool wheels

Made by a left handed man from Tiwan

on a Tuesday....

it was raining....)

Reactions: Loop

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
That must be a cool feeling. Don't think I've ever built any thing that made it past low 40s. 45, tops.
Building mostly junkers and wally world -ers. Probably a good thing, LoL.
A good bike is top of the list if you want to go really fast.

That Cadillac came with a NuVinci disc brake rear hub.
With a shift kit and expansion chamber exhaust from Sick Bike Parts, that bike was fast.

Loop

May 27, 2020
S.Knoxville
I tried wired and wireless, both died quickly, currently I’m using a meilan gps speedometer, no interference and east to install. The one I bought is currently $34 on amazon but when I bought it it was $24.
also it’s usb rechargeable and easy to use.
F43F089A-086B-4AD4-99BB-83B10170C9E1.png

Reactions: mapbike