what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

didnt do much today except for some reaserch on how to rebuild a top end on my flying horse 48cc cause it seized the other day. i did get my old 2001 specialized full suspension stumpjumper out and working as well as got the girlfriends pedal mt bike out and working to so we can pedal around the park. other then that just waiting for my my frame and starfire to get here. it is taking way to long

tabby123

May 3, 2011
kalamazoo,mi

i put a new magneto and spark plug. and i would like to know the wireing. magneto has blue/white/black wires. spark plug part has black and blue. how do i hook them to gether. and what do i ground? so i can get spark.

thunderbolts

Apr 23, 2011
Maine

Well lets see ...........Hummmmm ........... oh yes spent the day trying to get KINGS to even answer the phone The day is done and no contact I waited 28 Min's on hold then my phone timed out. and oh yes I have got the same thing " Absolutely nothing " even calling once every hour and using different phone's " NEVER WILL I ORDER FROM KINGS AGAIN " Heed the warning"

Mad in Maine !!!!!!
All over this stupid CNS carb :-||

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.

changed the head out on my 66cc with a fa50 moped head better chamber all the way around shapes size and palish-bike climes better 4stokes less

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio

Here ya go:

i put a new magneto and spark plug. and i would like to know the wireing. magneto has blue/white/black wires. spark plug part has black and blue. how do i hook them to gether. and what do i ground? so i can get spark.

nextpimp

Mar 28, 2011
NY

Not much... Cleaned up my "garage" area in preparation for my new engine. Gonna pull pull the piston, put the jug on and take pics for you guys. Then pull the clutch, throttle, motor and wait for UPS. I'm tired of pedaling my wife's 26"

Has anyone noticed after having motorized that you tend to pedal around faster?? Its like i cant pedal slow... and i shift MUCH better.

Last edited:

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

Well lets see ...........Hummmmm ........... oh yes spent the day trying to get KINGS to even answer the phone The day is done and no contact I waited 28 Min's on hold then my phone timed out. and oh yes I have got the same thing " Absolutely nothing " even calling once every hour and using different phone's " NEVER WILL I ORDER FROM KINGS AGAIN " Heed the warning"

Mad in Maine !!!!!!
All over this stupid CNS carb :-||
if you paid through paypal, open a dispute with them.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida

OK- I took the slant 50 out again today- as I mentioned two pages back- it was bogging down a little the last couple of miles the day before-

I pulled the plug- looked a little bit oily- been running oily for breakin

so I took it over to the convenience store and added $.50 of mid-grade gas (1/8 gallon)
and no more oil-

It ran great all the way today- better than ever- so I don't think I'll be worying over any new carb soon
dance1 (^)

Attachments

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID

Got my 49 cc today and started to pull it apart to put on the SBP head studs and noticed the top of the jug is un-machined :/

Is that the way 49's are? I don't like it if it is. Will be spending a bit of time sanding it flat, no more.

I'm selling my PA and I'm sooo tempted to get a Morini....

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

OK- I took the slant 50 out again today- as I mentioned two pages back- it was bogging down a little the last couple of miles the day before-

I pulled the plug- looked a little bit oily- been running oily for breakin

so I took it over to the convenience store and added $.50 of mid-grade gas (1/8 gallon)
and no more oil-

It ran great all the way today- better than ever- so I don't think I'll be worying over any new carb soon
dance1 (^)
So how much fuel was in the tank, before you added more gas? What is your fuel/oil ratio now?

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.

I got my lights hooked up today, I went to wally mart and bought two flashlights for $4.00 bought a pack of 6V bulbs for $2.00 and modified the rear to have a red reflector for a tail light. I also installed my switch in the end of my hand grip. The switch is the push button end off an old 9 led flashlight that didn't work anymore. going for a night ride tonight.

Attachments

Last edited:

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio

Talked t o Worksman today about the front brake hubs and rims they are still saying it will be at least 10 days before they are available. Besides the fact they got some of their machinery sold off by a broke supplier now customs is holding their shipment... I have 3 customers waiting not to mention myself for these rims and hubs...

Other than that I rode yesterday till my CNSv1 cracked below the clamp and blew off... Luckily I have a coupler of spare bodies. I think I am going to drill through the body at right angles to the clamp and put in some 10-24 allen head set screws into the intake and seal the threads with some indian head to take the pressure off of the clamp itself...

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

got a retro light for it. but found out one of the led bulbs in it was burnt out.

challenge accepted.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ

if you paid through paypal, open a dispute with them.
Shhh! hehe ;-}
Gasbike and Kings are the same thing, owned by Nationwide Access, LLC.

I can live with buying a new carb and putting in gaskets when I get this kind of discount:

------
Hello KC Vale,

We (PayPal) have concluded our investigation into the following claim:

Seller's Name: Nationwide Access, LLC
Seller's Email: [email protected]
Seller's Transaction ID: 3KS42904F2*********

Transaction Date: Mar 23, 2011
Transaction Amount: -$177.80 USD
Your Transaction ID: 5PX06521*******
Case Number: PP-001-262-***-***

Buyer's Transaction ID: 5PX06521*********

The seller has agreed to your requested partial refund amount.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Thanks,
Protection Services Department
-------

They shipped a 2010 48cc Skyhawk with a CNS66 carb and not the CNS48 carb it should have, and it had no head gasket installed.

My 'partial refund amount' was $77.80 back from a $177.80 price.
I'll take those full 2010 kits delivered for $100.00 all day long.

As for what I did to MY bike today... Not a damn thing.
I haven't even sat on it since AZ death Race. That is the drawback of always having another in the shop to build and test ride.

Then again, all I have been building of late is Jackshafted nice rides so it is nice to see how they compare, like this one I am on now.

This one is about done. It has CNS carb bogging problems, no surprise there considering the angle, and it still needs my wiring upgrade and button down, but she starts and mechanically sound ;-}

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

broke the speedometer :) it was tweaking out just before it kicked the bucket.

lol 25, no 33 no wait 16, no 0?

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

woot! got the ignition module that jaguar makes.

lol, almost missed the mail man, he left a note on the door saying i could pick it up at the post office.

grabbed it and ran out, found him still sorting mail at my mail box XD

skyhawk66cc

May 2, 2011
Washington

Havent done nothing with it yet but I am about to go for a 10 min ride until the motor warms up and it dies. lol

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho

KCvale : Who makes that head?

I got my sport exhaust in the mail today (yay!), and it's a perfect fit. I also got some quick disconnect clips and crimped them on my wires, killswitch was intermittent and only worked when I squeezed the clump of wires wrapped in black tape, so I put a new end bit on my ground wire, it was almost sheared off. I'm going to stress test it later, but gf just got home from work, so it'll be a couple hours till I get bike time.