Copper Board Tracker

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
So I present to you the matching Leather Handgrips.
Just a tip about laced grips...
Point the laces down to where when you are on the seat and griping them the laces fall between finger joints and not your palm.

It doesn't sound like much now, but after you spend 1/2 an hour riding you will feel the difference ;-}

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Well its about -6 below today, so instead of freezing My butt off and shoveling snow like I should be... I decided to paint the speedo body to match the bike and add copper rivets to the face plate. Then I added pinstripe to the fenders to match the rest of the bike also. KC thanks for the tip on the grips! Thank goodness for my heated shop... Here are the results.

Attachments

Reactions: Nightster

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Yeah KC... that looks pretty rough. Looks like you will have to tough it out somehow, bundle up for those mid 70s WED and what ever you do, don't take a ride as it looks way too sunny as well. Only -11 below zero here Wed so its only a 88 degree difference from your temp...? LOL that's nothing/

-Zip

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Yeah KC... that looks pretty rough. Looks like you will have to tough it out somehow, bundle up for those mid 70s WED and what ever you do, don't take a ride as it looks way too sunny as well. Only -11 below zero here Wed so its only a 88 degree difference from your temp...? LOL that's nothing/

-Zip
Hehehe, ya, I had to turn on the little 10" heater under my desk this morning!

I just hope these adverse weather conditions don't affect my copper based build!

It won't be near as fancy as yours Zip, but a cool coating none the less ;-}

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
That Powder coated copper hammer Finish, looks awesome. Love the fact you can and are using such smoking cool wide fat wheels with your jack shaft builds. Dang I have to try that. I just started a black framed and gold accent in tank frame build I'm doing with my daughter, got all the parts ordered, now were just waiting.
I want to see a pict of hammer finish up close on your new build if you get a chance to snap a picture.
Zip-

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Thanks Chaz, its called sea glass by krylon, But it's the same as sea foam as called by some paint companies.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
ZipTie,

You have built a truly great bike. Everything you did complemented everything else on the bike. I hope there are bike/ motorcycle/ car shows in your area because the bike needs to be seen by everyone.

Steve.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
That Powder coated copper hammer Finish, looks awesome.
Love the fact you can and are using such smoking cool wide fat wheels with your jack shaft builds. Dang I have to try that.

I want to see a pict of hammer finish up close on your new build if you get a chance to snap a picture.
Zip-
Thanks Zip, it has been rewarding seeing things come together ;-}

My powder coater refers me to their powder supplier for color samples.
http://cardinalpaint.com/powder/color-chart/

It is Copper Vein T375-BK07

Once I get her done I'll post up some finished pics so you can see how sunlight changes the look of it ;-}

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Thanks KC for the Cu Picture of The copper textured finish. Very cool finish, Not sure how they do it. Post build picts for sure.
Thanks bigtime Fast Eddy for the very kind words. One always wonders if the efforts and plans wont work at all.
the sun finally came out today and was beaming into the garage so I snapped a few wide shots in the natural light.

Attachments

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Board from the -10 below weather here, so I installed a few more subtle details on the copper Indian.
1) added a antique ceramic seat plaque to the back and finished off the edges, and then screwed it on with mini screws.
2) changed the roundel to match the seat plaque # 15
3) trimmed off the tail light with stripe
4) painted the top of the pedal side chain Guard to match the bike.
5) Pinstriped the speedo dial top edge.
Picts below

-ZiP

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
-25 here in Brainerd this morning.That bike is looking AWESOME! Little details sure make a difference..............Curt

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Thanks Curtis, all I Have left to do is to make and add a couple top tank brackets out of some raw copper 1/16 " thick sheets I have laying around. The brackets that come with the tank are not enough for a super solid mount as it can pivot a bit with a push. Ill have to drill into the tank and use sheet metal screws sealed with JB weld I guess? Scary to drill 4 holes in a gas tank. Yeah its a bit nippy out there, its so cold it almost feels warm/LOL

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
How about copper water line clamps.They make some self tapping sheetmetal screws, used in auto work. They have a small v notch in them, and are finer thread, may hold better................Curt