almost a new owner (2008 Whizzer)

GoldenMotor.com

guyingolden

Nov 16, 2013
golden co.
found one for sale, thought I would buy it for my son. Hasn't run in years. 60 miles on it. My son isn't all that mechanical, if I can get it dialed in how much tinkering do these things need.
thanks Will

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Is it an NE5 or ambassador?.... Have a pic of it? There's a few things you can do to make them more reliable.... They don't need much

guyingolden

Nov 16, 2013
golden co.
going to buy it tomorrow. About a 100 mile drive. Told it was like new. A ne5. Don't think I will try to test it, just buy it and head home.
Aside from the bike i get saddle bags, handlebar bag, xtra belts and original paperwork. Hoping for the best.
Price is 750 which seems reasonable?????

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the world of the motorized bicycle. half of the fun is getting them running and customizing them to your liking. great to have you with us

guyingolden

Nov 16, 2013
golden co.
Picked up my 2008 NE5 today. I have to say it looks brand new. Black 2008 NE5. Came with nice leather saddle bags with luggage rack, a handle bar bag, xtra belts and all paperwork.
With it was an original Brochure, it lists the motor as 138 CC. IS THAT RIGHT. Sure seems high to me???????? I thought these were something like 50 CC's.
Will

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Your right hand....they normally easily do 35.... Open the restrictor behind the carb and check timing etc and you're more like!y over 40....mine does about 45 with no big changes. Didn't you ride it?

guyingolden

Nov 16, 2013
golden co.
didn't ride it, years old gas in the tank, dead battery, and it just looked sooooooo good I just brought it home. If I can figure out how to post a pic I will. But everybody here knows what a new one looks like I guess.
Will

guyingolden

Nov 16, 2013
golden co.
let me break out the camera tomorrow and I will try. Not sure how to via my phone.
I sent an image to a motorcycle friend and he said I will need to get dressed up to ride it.....