Grizzled veteran commuter rat.

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
This thing just keeps rolling. I've been waiting for years to sell him a replacement 66cc when this 49cc dies. It's a super cheap old kit from some dude's brother. (Lol!)
Very noisy, greasy and generally a beater.

Does not even have an actual roller on the tensioner! The chain runs over a fixed guide with no bearings or roller at all! Loud, lot's of drag and is just about indestructible.

Just finished replacing the brake pads again (3rd set I've done) and it's back to the grind for this workhorse.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I've got an older engine on my first build that is loud, vibrates like crazy and has 2000 miles on it now, not one single mod to engine but is been one of those wont quit engine...... I'm not really sure if its a 66cc or not but if I remember right the ebay add when I bought it called it a Red Bat Kit, it has the 6mm jug stud and he bolt patter of the head is smaller than all my other engines and it has a piston with a lesser dome than all my other engines but seems to be 47mm bore I think.... just keeps going and going, I wish I could send crank and piston to someone and have it balanced and it would be such a sweet running engine, vibes above 30mph qre horrible and I'm running a 32T sprocket on a 24" rear wheel.....

Been thinking about retiring that engine and putting the new dax lower I just got in mail yesterday on that bike, I would really enjoy riding it then.....

Map
.wee.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Maybe put a skateboard wheel inplace of the fixed chain wheel..........Curt

I road on like that out i Arizona on vacation in a camp ground. The guy was a construction work and let me rid it around for awhile.

FMB42

Sep 27, 2013
Idaho
I like it. That it's seen a lot use makes it even more likable. Btw, the "static" chain tensioner reminds me of the early spring tensioned dirt/motocross after-market units that used a nylon "pad" rather than a roller. You'd swear that these crude units would wear-out in a few hours, but they actually lasted a long time.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
This one looks like a roller, but does not function as one. It's basically two washers and a sleeve that bolts down tight. The chain just slides over it.
Ugly, noisy and lots of drag, but it has lasted years without a single problem!