Hello from Sarasota, FL

GoldenMotor.com

MMotorBike

Jun 1, 2013
Sarasota, FL
Hello motorized bicycle members,
New to the site, did my first motorized bicycle build a few months ago and addicted to them now. Just something to mess around with on the spare time. I did a simple build with the Wal-Mart OP beach cruiser bought my kit off Ebay. Of course its was a cheap build had problems with the engine mount studs breaking off so drilled and re-taped to a 5-16 stud, way better and stronger then stock! But I could go on forever on how cheap the kits are, but my motorized bicycle has been great knock on wood I've put about 500 miles on her now. Plan on doing another Mmotorized bicycle, I want to make it a racing bike and hopefully take it out west and join them on the track. I see they have a good motorized bicycle community out west, if there are some closer to Florida that would be awesome but I haven't found anything really on the east coast for motorized bicycle racing.
S5030621 (1280x960).jpg

S5030622 (1280x960).jpg

S5030618 (1280x960).jpg

S5030616 (1280x960).jpg

livesteamfan

Oct 24, 2009
Palmetto, FL
Looks nice! I don't think I'm too far from you; just moved into South Bradenton from Palmetto, Sarasota is just a couple minutes away. Maybe we'll cross paths one day while riding. Right now I'm reworking mine because of some engine and drive system problems (diy 4-stroke build). I haven't really tried racing anyone or anything, but there was a time when my bike could get pretty close to the 50Mph line. Now I'm down to about 30 but it's still fun either way. Maybe we'll cross paths one day while riding.

MMotorBike

Jun 1, 2013
Sarasota, FL
Thanks livesteamfan and krealitygroup. We got beaches here lol in fact Siesta Key is the number one beach in the U.S. and I live 5 minutes away. Nice livesteamfan I've had a few problems with mine, I think we all have if we own a motorized bicycle! I wish mine did 50mph I'm guessing mine goes somewhere around 25 to 30mph but still fast for a bicycle. I only have about 180 dollars into my motorized bicycle with the kit be 156 dollars its-self. But its all about having fun and enjoying the open road on two wheels for me. Yes we might cross paths I always see people riding them in town. Good luck an best wishes with your motorized bicycle!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. You're in God's country. The South West coast is the place to be. I'm originally from Miami but haven't been down for a few years. My wife and I have a place on Palm Island we haven't seen in a while.

Sanibel Island, Palm Island, Ft. Myers, Charlotte Harbor, Punta Gorda, all great areas and good bike riding places.

There are quite a few Florida members here so you're in good company.

Enjoy the hobby, have fun and ride safe.

Tom

MMotorBike

Jun 1, 2013
Sarasota, FL
Thanks for the welcome 2door. Yes I do live in heaven, I haven't been on a beach ride yet it would be a nice relaxing ride though. You right on the places you listed I think it would be fun to take a ride around Sanibel Island, I have family on Pine Island.

LR Jerry I hear you on the rain the whole south has got a lot this year so far. We've had rain here for almost everyday for the past 2 to 3 months.

God bless and best wishes, ride safe.