hello from australia

GoldenMotor.com

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
hi my names dan i live in adelaide south australia, i have built a few motorized bikes heres 2 im currently working on.they started out as vintage repco ladied bikes that i have modified,the blue one has a 49cc kit and the brown one has a 80cc kit i will post more pics when they are finished.

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
thanks for the welcome mate,the fuel tanks were easier to make than i was expecting im thinking about making a cone for the rear of them to finish them off

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
I love the "mate" and "petrol" you guys dropped; making him feel right at home. Now how 'bout a slab of VB.

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
haha it did make me feel at home but im a south aussie we drink west end draugh.about the tank i relocated the nozzle and made it the petrol cap

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
trey yes i am of irish decent why do you ask?

i had some time to do some work on my bike i fitted the headlight,chain guard and old springer seat.i also replaced the front fender as the old one was twisted and rusty and i made an expansion chamber,top speed has gone from 55kph to 66kph

i got this bike for free from an elderly lady that owned it for the last 26 years here a before pic

and i got my engine kit new in the box in exchange for a welding job i done,out of all the kits i have done this has been the most trouble free everything has gone so smooth and it runs great.heres a pic of it ready to be stripped down and painted

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Erie Go Braugh.
I'm originally from Brockton Mass, the whole Yankee-Irish-Catholic thing:) I live in Montana now, and there is a large Irish population in Butte (different than east coast Irish). Realizing that got me into trying to pinpoint every Irishman on the planet! LOL Seriously, I'm just interested in who we are and how we live wherever we are.
For example, I have red hair green eyes and a fine Celtic nose (grin)- so I'm not hiding in a crowd, and people tend to talk to me about being Irish. While driving a taxi, I met a real nice lady who was here on her first trip to the states from Perth. (She tipped me this bill!) She was surprised to see so many red-heads here, said there were more than at home.
Maybe more than any other group, we are in every corner of the world. It's interesting how we are sometimes still treated differently.
It's great to meet you, this site has so much to offer!

That bike looks good. Man, that's a bundle of cables! I bet that seat rides like a Cadillac. Keep us updated!

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
AussieDan
Welcome to the forum. Nice re-purposing with the fire extinguisher and I like how you reversed the top downtube and the way the line continues to the axle... makes it look like it came that way. Has the lady seen what you have done with her old bicycle? What did she think?
SB

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Welcome to the forum AussieDan. I'm a Kiwi girl myself and I've found this forum to be a wonderful place to meet like minded motorized bicycle folk and share ideas, learn new ways of doing bike related things and just plain shoot the breeze.

I really like your bikes and the clever way you reused the frame tube on the ladies frame to give it a vintage appearance.