You guys sick of seein the OP Roller yet???

GoldenMotor.com

Geezer

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Too Bad!!! lol

Myself, i like seeing the different things ppl have been doing with these bikes.
so, heres my contribution... with a very big thankyou to this forum... an amazing resource for
a first time builder. The search function answered all my questions & taught me some things i'd
have never known. as well as a few warnings i should have heeded
first problem i had after getting it running was with the crappy head bolts (shoulda listened).
next build will have those replaced before i even think of puting it on a bike :)

Enjoying the ride ... brnot

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I used the same hot water heater hookup tube to connect the header pipe to the SBP expansion chamber. Works good :)

hotbug1776

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Where did you snag those bags. And how did you avoid rubbing the rear tire with the chain? I went to a 26x1.75 to max out the clearance, but, would like to use the stock tire on my second roller build. It's going to be more a custom bike for around town. Lol.

My current roller is my "go to work" bike. It needs some custom touches as well though.

Geezer

May 2, 2011
Illinois
thx for the comps guys...
My hats off to Mike B on the exhaust... chain clears the tire by a (ummm cant say that here) lol adjusted everything to make it just slide by :)

Black on Black :) lol i painted the sprocket to match the grey handle bars & forks... lmao

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
nice,

The OP is a good frame design and stronger than most think. I used the OP for my first build and have a chunk of money put into it. It can handle the mods and looks good with some cosmetic upgrades. Not a bad choice at all

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
First of all Welcome to the forum.

Great OP Roller build. I really like your exhaust. Could you please explain how you made it? How are the different pieces of pipe connected together?

Geezer

May 2, 2011
Illinois
the exhaust is flexible copper pipe i got from the hardware store. first i cut
the stock exhaust about an inch in front of the muffler. then cut the fittings
off the copper pipes, the remaining pipe is the same size OD as the stock exhaust. then
used some solder couplings to join the four pieces together. i'm very happy with the way
it turned out as i didnt like the looks of the stock pipe sticking straight down, at all.

the bags are just cheapies from walmart... will be replaced eventually

just ordered another Roller from walmart... yup, im addicted :)

Last edited:

hotbug1776

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Our Wal-mart doesn't have them in stock any more... *sad*

I want to build a chopper build in the future as well, something that sits like a modern motorcycle. I sorta want to to see what motorcycles might have been if they had stayed in their original path. some builders on here have captured pretty close to that.

This is an amazing hobby so far.

TxBikeRider

Aug 7, 2010
Texas
Where did you snag those bags. And how did you avoid rubbing the rear tire with the chain? I went to a 26x1.75 to max out the clearance, but, would like to use the stock tire on my second roller build. It's going to be more a custom bike for around town. Lol.

My current roller is my "go to work" bike. It needs some custom touches as well though.
I don't know if it will help but I found two huffy bikes at walmart that looked like the wheels were different......While my wife was in the fabric section, I looked closer. One had bigger spokes. Then I saw stamped in one rim 1.75 and stamped in the other was 2.125. They both has 2 1/8 tires though......one had the incorrect rim. The 2.125 had a wider hub and the spokes were out to the side more. I wonder if alot of rub problems are because of the wrong rim?

To answer the question......No, I am not sick of seeing it. Very nice.

Stinky Finger

Jul 26, 2010
Leicester, New York
Never get tired of seeing more Rollers. Nice job man! I like all the little details you came up with. Sweet.

Haven't done anything with mine yet, build-wise. Still reading up around here.
Only change so far is swapping bars with my daughter because she didn't like the beach bars so much but I do and she wanted my shorter ones. One quick shot of rattle can white and that was that, presto change-o. Now we're both happy :)

Attachments

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Geezer
I just noticed you are from Illinois. I thought maybe my OP Roller motorized bike was a one of a kind here in Illinois, but it appears it is not. Maybe we need to get together and race for titles? Oh....wait a minute.......I guess we don't have titles!LOL

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The one thing about the o/p that caught my eye when looking for a bike was the angle of the top bar back to the seat. It was what I thought the early motorized bikes looked like. Three of us here in Ga. all ride the o/p, we have had people turn around and follow us and ask where we got them. Have fun!

hotbug1776

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
The one thing about the o/p that caught my eye when looking for a bike was the angle of the top bar back to the seat. It was what I thought the early motorized bikes looked like. Three of us here in Ga. all ride the o/p, we have had people turn around and follow us and ask where we got them. Have fun!
I get the same reaction. Guys at work all talk about how it reminds them of antique motorbikes.