I am the Electric Rider

GoldenMotor.com

Electric Rider

Nov 8, 2010
Louisiana
Greetings.

I ride a motorized bike that has a 750 watt hub motor powered by 36v (soon to be 48v) sealed lead acid battery. I choose this over a gas motor due to stealth, quietness and ease of maintenance. With 48v it can reach speeds of 30 mph, perhaps 35 with a 48v lithium type battery as they normally supply in reality 52 volts. With 36v it only does the legal limit of 20 mph. I want the extra power and speed 48v brings for emergencies if I need to pull away more quickly.

I consider my electric motored bike every bit as a motored bike as a gas bike is. The up sides are battery charge is dirt cheap from 2 to 5 cents a charge and we all pay for electricity anyway. It has a range of 20 to 25 miles per charge with 48v which is everywhere I need to go around the city on a daily basis.

I am joining because I need info for modding accessories for the bike as you cannot find this info on bike forums or even motorcycle forums.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. One of the Mountain Bike forums has started an electric assist sub-forum, but the members don't have near as much experience as you will find here.